YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Representative
at YMCA of San Diego County
Does growing your expertise in Human Resources while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
What does this role entail?
- Responsible for administering and processing company personnel actions, maintaining personnel records and databases
- Assists during all stages of the employee full-life cycle
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures and practices
- Answers employee questions about policy & procedures
- Compiles, organizes, reports and tracks key personnel and organizational data
- Acts as a champion of culture and catalyst for change
- Supports HR and organizational projects
- Serves as a backup for YMCA volunteer processing
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Assists in providing training and communication to field personnel
What do I need to bring do the table?
- Minimum of two years’ in Human Resources field or related experience required
- College Degree preferred
- Basic understanding of key federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Experience working in a customer service-focused, high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Understanding of YMCA culture, policies, procedures and practices preferred
- Experience working with HRIS, ATS, volunteer, and time keeping systems, UltiPro, Taleo and Kronos a plus
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity and work ethic
- Strong administrative, organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and general office equipment
- CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute