Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing & Business Development Specialist
WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 13 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, outstanding legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and fostering an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, teamwork and collegiality by drawing on the exceptional talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
Are you ready to join us?
As the Client Development Specialist, you will work closely with the Transactional Client Development Manager and team on a wide variety of initiatives supporting revenue-generating and general marketing and visibility opportunities for practice and industry groups including Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring, Corporate, Labor & Employment, Life Sciences, Real Estate, Tax and Technology. Specific areas of focus will include support for pitches and RFPs, research, market visibility and recognition efforts, marketing content development and experience management, events and sponsorships, general business development activities and more. The Specialist assists in strategic planning and tactical execution and completes research and analysis in support of Department objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares sophisticated, thoughtful and persuasive pitch materials, including RFP responses and tailored marketing collateral.
- Supports the planning and execution of firm events including seminars, webinars, client entertainment and receptions and coordinates sponsorships to fully leverage benefits.
- Leads audience development for firm events, developing targeted invitation lists, tracking RSVPs, attendee engagement and follow-up efforts.
- In collaboration with the Library, reviews and conducts research on companies, industries, marketplaces and competitors related to pitches and other strategic initiatives; develops insights and communicates recommendations and applicable information to lawyers.
- Gathers intelligence on legal industry trends to provide attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape and to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business.
- Contributes to market recognition efforts, including overseeing the development of legal directory submissions (Chambers USA, Legal 500, etc.).
- In collaboration with the Public Relations, Communications and Digital Marketing teams, identifies and promotes internally and externally deals, matters, client news and other lawyer and practice highlights.
- Helps maintain the firm’s experience and content management database (Foundation) and performs queries and generates reports as needed.
- Works with colleagues to support contact management efforts via InterAction (including contact updates, development of targeted marketing lists, tagging client activities, etc.).
- Acts in conjunction with Communications and Digital Marketing teams to propose and support marketing communications-related activities, such as website updates, improvements to attorney biographies and online profiles including LinkedIn.
- Actively participates in the Client Development department’s cross-functional resources program working with Managers across legal department teams in their various business development and marketing efforts including, events and sponsorships.
- Performs special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team.
- Displays integrity, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via email and written correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience in a dynamic environment with high expectations for superior client service, attention to detail and quality.
- Strong time management skills to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Research skills and reasoning ability to turn data into succinct and useful deliverable for lawyers.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- BA/BS required.
- Three - five years of experience in legal environment or professional services marketing and business development role preferred.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.