Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contracts Negotiator - Strategic Sourcing Consultant 3
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Wells Fargo Strategic Sourcing (EF & IT) is currently seeking Strategic Sourcing Consultant 3’s to independently manage IT spend categories, develop Strategic Sourcing strategies, and lead contract negotiations for high risk and highly complex products and/or services, and suppliers who have significant strategic business impacts. The successful candidate will work with key stakeholders (senior leaders) across the LOB or enterprise to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply/service strategies. They will represent and advocate Supply Chain Management strategies and goals in cross-enterprise initiatives and teams, lead the development of deal strategies for complex engagements, and lead strategic and acquisition-related sourcing and contracting activities or enterprise expense reduction initiatives. The SSC3 will partner with business groups to issue/evaluate RFx opportunities and conduct reverse auctions. They will be accountable for category savings targets for multiple categories and supplier performance measurements while managing suppliers and relationships from a life-cycle perspective with a focus on reducing cost/spend, increasing customer satisfaction, and maximizing business impact. Additionally they will establish e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental, and Strategic Sourcing cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies. Identifies and drives TCO (total cost of ownership) process improvements to reduce costs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading systematic review of contract and spend data to formulate cost savings hypothesis.
- Evaluating company purchasing patterns and forecasts trends.
- Reviewing and approving benchmark standards and conduct gap analysis with "best practices".
- Proactively identifies and escalates risk-related issues, identifies alternative options/solutions based upon standard templates and alternative industry approaches.
- Leads structured analysis of supplier industry, economics, and market conditions. Identify and pre-qualify supply alternatives.
Preferred location Des Moines but willing to consider other posted locations
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced experience sourcing in the information technology space. Includes knowledge of hardware, software, SaaS.
- Strong benchmarking and analysis capabilities.
- 3+ years of negotiation of hosted application contracts
- 4+ years of negotiations of software licensing contracts
- 3+ years of negotiations of hardware/firmware contracts
- 3+ years of negotiations of network infrastructure contracts
- Experience working in a large, highly regulated organization, preferably financial services
- Large strategic sourcing deal experience ($10MM - $500MM)
- Management or demonstrated leadership running large projects
- Experience sourcing and contracting in large financial institutions
- MBA or JD degree
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $94,500 Mid: $135,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $94,500 Mid: $135,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $94,500 Mid: $135,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $94,500 Mid: $135,000
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.