Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Treasury and Payment Solutions Sales Officer
at Webster Bank
50 Kennedy Plaza-RIP35
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- New customer business development as provided by referral sources and self-sourced through COI and market referrals.
- Contacting prospective customers in order to develop new Treasury Management business and meet established revenue goals and portfolio growth.
- Meeting periodically with existing customers to ensure proper servicing of accounts and expand the existing business deposit and Treasury Management relationships.
- Provides support of the relationship manager in client retention and cross sales
- Preparing sales presentations, explaining services offered, and recommending those services which would be of value to the customer
- Coordinating the activities of marketing, operations, production, and other staff support personnel to ensure timely and efficient delivery of Treasury Management products.
- Prepare sales reports, pro-forma's and other reporting as required for compliance and internal assessments and procedures.
- Contacting prospective customers, develop COIs and other relationship networks (e.g. trade associations) in order to develop new treasury management business development opportunities.
- Assisting the Unit manager in ensuring that Treasury Management Product and support teams are aware of Treasury Management product and service opportunities in the marketplace.
- The focus will be on revenue opportunities to lead to product enhancements and improved service delivery
- Develop and utilize COI contacts, networking functions, trade shows and other forum's to build referral opportunities through thought leadership activities ( e.g. presentations)
- Assisting in the design and ensuring the proper installation of Treasury Management services
- Represent the bank in networking functions, sales related developmental activities including professional trade associations to grow the pipeline and drive revenue.
- Working knowledge, from the customer view, of Float, ACH, Wire and other related loan and deposit services that integrate, interface and delivery of Cash Management Products and services that affect the effective utilization of cash
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or other related field required
- Minimum of 5 years experience with credit structuring, cross selling, sales or product management and customer contacts
- Apply an expert working knowledge of all business and consumer products/services as well as marketing initiatives to serve as a base for effective targeted consultative sales selling.
- Proactively grow business customer base and profitability through maintaining a thorough knowledge of all Webster products/services to ensure that all customer and prospect needs are identified and met on a pro-active basis by making appropriate recommendations for products/services.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Salesforce experience helpful
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Designation from the Association of Financial Professionals
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP)
- Other professional certifications (CPA, PMP etc.) helpful and provide subject-matter-expertise as applicable