Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Representative, Capital Markets - Northeast Region
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position can be based within the Northeast Region.
The incumbent will be responsible for acquiring commercial loans and leases through the capital markets channel by developing and executing strategies for sales, pricing and deal structuring. This includes developing and maintaining strong client relationships with National Banks and Equipment Finance Lenders. Also, adding value by focusing on developing relationships with existing and new lenders in capital markets.
- Build relationships with equipment finance lenders in the syndications market.
- Build and manage relationships that will direct Capital Market opportunities and deals to WCF
- Generate new and profitable business for Webster Capital Finance (WCF) through buy-side syndications.
- Prescreen submittals to determine if opportunity fits Webster's risk appetite.
- Manage opportunities through credit, documentation and funding.
- Negotiate structure and pricing with syndicating lender.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Webster Bank's services and capabilities.
- Represent Webster Bank at industry functions and conferences.
- Maintain activity on salesforce.com
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required.
- 7-10 years of experience in equipment finance syndications (buy side and/or sell side)
- Solid credit skills
- Candidate must have knowledge of standard equipment finance loan and lease documents
- Experience in deal structuring and pricing is required
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships with lenders.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Understanding of regulations governing financial products/services
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to achieve results individually and in collaboration with others
- Ability to excel in a growing, dynamic, fast paced environment
- Well-organized, detail oriented, ambitious and the ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple duties with rapidly changing deadlines
- Ability to support multiple client projects at the same time
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!