Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales and Service Banker 1
at Webster Bank
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR A START DATE IN MID-SEPTEMBER. PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE A FLEXIBILITY/WILLINGNESS TO WORK ANY SHIFT AND AN ABILITY TO START IN MID-SEPTEMBER.
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
We have multiple positions available in our call center, located in Southington, CT. We have a career progression model that supports professional development and career advancement and the starting pay is $16, based on experience and education.
The following outline highlights the core responsibilities with a high level of added responsibilities and expectations as an employee progresses through the C3 Service Banker career path:
Sales & Service Banker 1
* Voice of Webster- handling over the phone interactions with the goal of providing exceptional service to consumer and business customers.
* During this level banker will be introduced to the Webster's Sales culture-deepening customer relationships through cross selling and new Consumer or Business acquisition utilizing a needs-based selling approach.
* Bankers must exhibit behaviors outline in the core service standards, facilitate problem resolution, provide complete and accurate information, identify cross sell opportunities.
Sales & Service Banker 2
* Building upon skills and responsibilities of the previous Sales & Service Banker level.
* Deliver service through additional channels such as email and live chat.
* Banker will be introduced to mitigating a higher level of risk transactions.
* Proficient with the Webster's Sales culture-deepening customer relationships through cross selling and new Consumer or Business acquisition utilizing a needs-based selling approach.
Sales & Service Banker 3
* Building upon skills and responsibilities of the previous Sales & Service Banker levels one & two.
* Deliver service through additional channels such as social media.
* Proficient in judgment around mitigating higher levels of risk transactions.
* Proficient in the Webster's Sales culture-deepening customer relationships through cross selling and new Consumer or Business acquisition utilizing a needs-based selling approach.
* Introduction to C3 help line functions to assist with first call resolution, including escalated customer interactions.
Senior Sales & Service Banker
* Building upon skills and responsibilities of the previous Sales & Service Banker levels one through three.
* Introduction to Banking Center support functions to assist with first contact resolution.
* Proficient in delivering high level support of multiple systems and procedures to employee (C3 & BC) and customer help lines.
Lead Sales & Service Banker
* Building upon skills and responsibilities of the previous Sales & Service Banker levels one through four.
* Introduction to Leadership path and performance management of C3 Service Team.
* Take on more complex, higher visibility activities and leadership tasks.
* Partner with C3 leadership team with daily operations (act as Manager on Duty (MOD), hiring selection process, and administrative duties such as performance counseling, payroll, monitoring real time adherence and daily, monthly service levels, Additionally observe, evaluate and coach bankers. Trains and mentors new team members.
Come join this fast-paced, exciting and fun environment and be the Voice of Webster!
Education: * High school Diploma/GED, College degree preferred
* Bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus
* 2-4 years of customer service experience required
* 1 year minimum sales or telemarketing experience preferred
* Call Center and/or Banking experience preferred
ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO WORK VARIED SCHEDULES, A GREAT ATTITUDE, THE WILLINGNESS TO WORK IN A SALES ENVIRONMENT, SOLID COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE AND RELIABILITY!
* Experience with live chat and social media a plus Job Skills / Knowledge Demonstrated: * Active listening skills * Strong customer service skills * Passion for helping people * Problem solving skills * Effective communicate skills over the telephone. * Strong working knowledge of computer (email, internet, intranet, etc.) * Typing skills * Ability to learn all software systems that support Customer Care Center requests, inquires and transactions. * Ability to effectively multi-task * Positive attitude * Flexibility * Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail * Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base * Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success * Ability to understand Webster and Distribution Group mission, goals, and strategies and support it during customer interactions Environment: * Call center environment in a cubicle wearing a headset * Must remain at workstation for long periods of time * Heavy keyboard/mouse usage required with repetitive movements Other: * Complete on-the-job and/or classroom training as required to remain on the job * Be willing and able to work a set schedule that may include evenings and weekends. Shift bidding takes place quarterly and is based on performance as well as seniority. * Obtain satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening
Webster's commitment to EEO / Affirmative Action
Webster Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries ("Webster") are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or handicap, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.