Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Officer
at Webster Bank
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Meet individual targeted marketing goals through origination and structure of potential ABL transactions, and negotiation of these transactions for the purpose of proposal letter execution.
- Maintaining and adding to quality contact base (Sales Force)
- Assist underwriters in the closing process when needed
- Increase awareness of Webster in the market, which includes an aggressive calling effort and joining local business organizations
- Look for cross-sell opportunities
- Completing monthly reporting, contact data base and compliance.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required;advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in credit structuring and cross selling.
- Prior ABL sales experience required
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Understanding of regulations governing financial products/service.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Extensive contact database (network)