Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales & Marketing Director
at Volunteers of America
Sales & Marketing Director
The Preserve, Fort Myers, FL
The Preserve, a brand new senior living community located in Fort Myers, Florida has a career opportunity for a Sales and Marketing professional. This is an opportunity to build occupancy from the ground up.
Competitive compensation and commission with a robust benefits package.
Come be a part of a dynamic team!
The Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for managing the processes and programs of the community sales office. This includes implementing and monitoring measurable sales goals for calls, appointments, event attendance, deposits, occupancy levels and revenue generation for the community.
In order to advance measurable sales results, the Sales & Marketing Director will create and maintain effective collaboration, communication, and sales focus with various internal partners to include the regional sales leader, the Executive Director, community executive team, community operations staff, and the Sales & Marketing Consulting firm working to generate solid leads and marketing strategies for the community.
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plan and direct all sales activities
- Generate sales referrals from potential resident and community contacts
- Respond to requests for information in a timely manner
- Provide accurate reports to all appropriate parties
- Maintain regular contact with existing leads and prospects
- Achieve the community sales and move in goals
- Exceed hospitality and service standards
- Follow the Sales Process
- Interact with all leads whether provided through advertising, public relations, referral, or personal contact and to turn those leads into depositors and residents of the Community through the use of professional selling skills including but not limited to outbound sales calls, in-person sales presentations, and group presentations
- Plan and execute weekly goals for lead contact: Connect with a sufficient volume of leads and prospects by phone daily to create the velocity of sales needed to meet established goals
- Greet all visitors pleasantly and professionally presenting a very positive image for the Community
- Address specific customer preferences and priorities to guide them to commitment
- Maintain CRM data base effectively and in a timely manner with all inquiries
- Discovery process
- Skillfully interview prospects or their representatives to ascertain how the Community will meet their needs
- Know and be able to explain the benefits of residing at the Community
- Record all information obtained during the interview process and accurately input data in the CRM data base
- Conduct effective sales presentations that inspire customers to take the next step in the sales process
- Create and deliver group seminars to prospective residents on a variety of sales-related subjects and evaluate results
- Present the community's products and services to prospective residents, families, referral sources, and the local community: Make group presentations
- Maintain knowledge of community services and that of the competitors in order to sell and accurately explain the community difference
- Closing Skills
- Influence closing through sales messages, presentation techniques, facilitation methods and relationship management
- Utilize closing techniques for securing final commitment from prospects
- Efficiently execute the completion of agreements and securing proper signatures on documents
- Execute thorough follow through to be able to retain all sales and move prospects forward to move-in
- Maintain prospect relationships through consistent communications by phone, mail, email, 1:1 contact
- Manage and update customer expectations in a positive manner to assure an informed, supportive and committed prospective base
- Ensure a smooth transition for the residents from the sales process through the move in process
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate records of all reservations, holds, and cancellations, as well as available inventory
- Data Management and Tracking the Customer Journey
- Operate prospect-tracking system (CRM) and possess strong personal computer proficiency
- Maintain effective hot lead list which provides forecasting opportunities to know and reach monthly sales goals.
- Know the procedures followed in lead fulfillment and lead tracking to advance a prospect in the sales process
- Review advertising strategies/tactics for clarity and alignment with the target market
- Training and Development
- Strive for constant improvement in selling skills through attendance at sales training meetings and through the reading of motivational and sales-oriented materials
- Remain informed about the local real estate market, the customer profile in your market, competitor communities, industry trends and customer trends
- Build trust and strong cross functional relationships within the community and operational structure
- Provide training to assure accurate reports to all appropriate parties
- Encourage input into the development of marketing and sales plans to achieve occupancy goals
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing Consultant to establish a weekly exchange of information on inventory and other sales issues in order to anticipate and prioritize next steps.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations/Communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years' experience in marketing/sales in senior living setting required.
- Sales or consulting experience a plus.
- Previous management experience.
- Experience with lead management database system (CRM).
- Proven sales experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Effective sales, leadership and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to problem solve in an effective manner.
- Language Ability:
- Effective communication with all levels in a professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and train on the systems and processes.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to explain current residency fee structure.
- Ability to explain current monthly service fee structure.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Must be self-starter, attentive to detail and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate others and build teams.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Positive attitude and approach to change and improvements.
- Possess a high degree of energy and enthusiasm.
- Build and maintain relationships.
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize Center's software.