Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development officer
at TBK Bank
The Business Development Officer (BDO) represents TBK in the local and regional markets in which they are located. The BDO’s primary responsibility is to establish new banking relationships through referral sources that they establish via their own efforts. The secondary responsibility is to retain clients by ensuring that they are highly satisfied with the ongoing development of the relationship. The BDO is expected to demonstrate the highest level of sales and professional abilities to ensure accuracy and precision of the sales and client retention process. BDOs earn commission based on the revenue generated by the accounts they fund
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies attractive prospects, develops a deep understanding of their needs and collects information related to their current banking activities.
- Develops and presents proposals that address client needs across full array of bank services and capabilities.
- Prices new business to meet yield targets while remaining competitive.
- Maintains credit discipline through screening and term sheet development that is consistent with credit policies and risk appetite of the bank.
- Negotiates pricing and terms with clients to earn their business.
- Works closely with relationship managers to maintain client relationships during renewals and other key client events.
- Continually scans sales market and collects competitive insight in the market area.
- Ensures uniformity of message across the product line, but also suggests new approaches when market conditions change or when competitors use new tactics.
- Uses customer relationship management (CRM) technology to maintain database of customer contacts and referral sources along with appropriate notes and data.
- Generates and provides various sales reports to management.
- Other duties are included, as assigned by the manager, according to the needs of the sales group and management.
The successful candidate will possess business operations experience and skills, leadership and management expertise, analytical and critical thinking skills, attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years of direct, outside sales experience required, banking sales preferred.
- Evidence of previous sales success and strong work ethic.
- Possesses competence and understanding of financial products and services.
Skills and Abilities Required
- High level of verbal communication skills and abilities.
- Ability to understand, manage and communicate complex financial products.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates considerable tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Bilingual - Spanish/English – a plus, but not required.
- Ability to build/maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- High level of maturity and stability with an "optimistic" approach.
- Self-directed and a self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach and hands-on experience with ability to plan and manage personal sales goals and objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
We offer consumer and commercial banking products from our 18 branches throughout eastern Iowa and Illinois and 34 branches throughout Colorado and western Kansas. We also offer deposit products through our Dallas branch. Our lending capabilities include commercial real estate, mortgage warehouse lending and other general business lending.
Through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, we offer asset based lending, equipment finance, legered lines of credit and insurance premium financing throughout the United States. We also offer discount factoring through our Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group subsidiary.