Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Representative (Home Improvement) - Cleveland
at USG Corporation
Candidate will live in/near Cleveland, OH and support the following territories: Cleveland, Western PA, W VA and Upstate NY.
NOTE: Qualified local candidates are preferred. Relocation MAY be considered based on candidate, skill, ability and other qualifications and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Build strong business relationships with all levels of management, contractor sales teams and associates in the retail centers in an assigned geography with key focus in assigned markets.
- Increase sales by coordinating and executing training with store associates/service teams on USG products, thereby increasing name recognition, product knowledge and USG loyalty.
- Maximize product availability in the aisle by using sales analytics and training store associates on inventory management and ordering processes.
- Maximize sales potential and brand loyalty through daily in-aisle product demos focused on the end user.
- Work with the marketing team to actively promote USG products in the big box stores.
- Actively seek new and innovative ways to promote USG products in line with organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Travel time up to and over 50% servicing respective market and within the assigned region
- Travel to, but not limited to assigned market territory on a regular basis while managing the respective market.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong business acumen and professionalism.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills including presentation, professional selling and conflict resolution.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and relate to a diverse group of people.
- Exudes confidence through excellent public speaking skills in order to execute product training.
- Self-motivated with a focus on working to and exceeding targets.
- Effective and independent with time and scheduling management of activities.
- Ability to set and self-manage priorities to ensure maximizing of account development for both existing and new accounts.
- A sense of urgency and a high level of customer focus.
- Creative problem solver; agility and resourcefulness necessary.
- Attention to the details that drive sales.
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willing to relocate with USG for future promotional opportunities.
- Familiarity and knowledge with construction products and processes
- Willing and able to successfully manage a territory with multiple customers
- Bilingual speaking ability in Spanish and English
- Salesforce.com exposure/experience
For more than 100 years, USG has built an ever-growing portfolio of groundbreaking products backed by unparalleled service. In the last decade, we have demonstrated our resilience by continuing to invest in purposeful innovation, expanding into different markets and by working smarter and faster- all to help our customers achieve their visions. Our commitment to innovation and focus on you, our customer is driven by a desire to help architects, contractors and workers alike to not only build better structures, but to build a better world.
We hire people for careers, not jobs. We invest in employees through classroom and on-the-job training. We promote from within wherever possible and we are not afraid to give employees significant responsibility early in their careers. We move people across businesses, functions, and across the country to make the best use of their talents. We have an on-line job posting program to let employees know what opportunities are available in the Company and to match the right person with the right position. USG is a Company in which everyone can reach their full potential, which is why most of our leadership came up through the ranks. Our employees are the best in the industry, which is why USG Corporation is the industry leader year after year!
USG has been recognized twice as Top 25 Places to Work by Chicago Magazine and recognized as America’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine. Be part of the Team - Build your future at USG. Join the USG Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?