United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer / Tarrytown, NY
at United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Professionals who desire to join an innovative, progressive and thriving company with an environment conducive to personal growth, high performance and financial success consider United Northern Mortgage Bankers Limited (UNMB) an employer of choice.
UNMB is a highly regarded and expanding mortgage bank, whose success is built on ethical leadership, personal service and embracing technology. Trusted since 1979, UNMB maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and we are rated as a Top Mortgage Employer.
Great company culture doesn’t happen on its own. Ours is developed from a conscious effort to build upon values that include respect, diversity, ethics, balance and teamwork. Understanding what is takes to be a successful team, we are proud to provide comprehensive training programs to support your education and experience. We are here to help ensure your success with innovative efforts including a Certified Business Coach and a Corporate Relationship coordinator.
Our technology investment is evident with our suite of solutions that provide support every step of the way. We offer cutting edge marketing/support materials including customizable mobile apps and websites. We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for opening, closing and funding all loans according to the proper product type, investor and agency. All loans must comply with state and federal guidelines as well as UNMB corporate processes, procedures and guidelines and be executed in an accurate and timely manner.
This position offers flexible scheduling, a supportive/positive management team, substantial earning potential with bonus and commission programs. Additional incentives include contests and rewards, an excellent benefits package including medical, 401(k) and much more.
- Produce high quality loans which meet investor guidelines, provide excellent customer service and meet minimum production goals.
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position.
- Utilize in-house technical systems and programs, (Encompass).
- Act as advocate for the borrower and as brand ambassador for UNMB.
- Maintain a professional, upbeat and respectful demeanor.
- Attend events to raise referral source awareness of UNMB’s products and services.
- Learn various borrowing programs/processes; stay current with changes, updates and new products.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- NMLS and state license is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of mortgage experience (closing experience strongly preferred), 2 years of current sales origination experience and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Self-motivation, and are a results driven individual.
- Good / Working knowledge of the residential mortgage industry loan programs, loan documentation and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of regulatory, policy and compliance issues pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place.
- Effective and efficient skills to handle multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks / projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and lead management/loan origination software, (Encompass).
- Prior experience with appraisal management systems and Title Companies preferred.