Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Enterprise Freight Sales - Chicago
- Business Development & Sales - Sales
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Our Senior Managers of Enterprise Sales will build and manage experienced acquisition and expansion sales teams focused on partnering with large global enterprise shippers to solve their logistics and freight challenges. The candidate should have experience building and managing world-class enterprise sales teams and be familiar with modern selling methodologies.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in sales and has been a key leader in high-growth sales environments. They understand the fundamentals and theory of selling. They are motivated by building the future, are a proven manager and leader, can dig deep into the data, drive their team to deliver, and have a true entrepreneurial spirit.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Build and run a world class team of Mid-Market and Enterprise sellers within the Midwest region to enable Uber Freight to continue to scale
- Develop a high performance sales culture on your team, instilling a culture of focus, integrity and results from the ground up
- Be a strategic thought partner to our leadership team as we as we accelerate new business growth
- Prepare for the future. Work with our operations and product teams on what the future of Freight will look like
- Understand sales operations processes to build out KPIs, quotas, territories and processes that result in an effective organization within your team.
- Be data-driven, having a proven track record of managing sales teams and driving performance using metrics
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear targets for vertical sales strategy
What You'll Need
- At least 3+ years hands-on management of sales teams across multiple product and service lines with demonstrated success
- At least 8+ years of sales experience
- Experience in the logistics & transportation industry is required
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including product and engineering teams in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment
- Portfolio of achievement growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions