Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Executive, Carrier Sales - Flatbed
- Business Development & Sales - Sales
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Our Carrier Sales Account Executives are responsible for moving things from point A to point B. They provide the best service to our carrier partners, but aren’t afraid to negotiate. This role is an exciting opportunity to have an immediate impact on our newly established Flatbed team. The ideal candidate is someone who is creative and resourceful and commited to constant improvement. We hope you are excited to help create a product with lasting value.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Manage existing carrier base with the best service
- Bring new transportation partners onto the platform to Increase active APP users
- Work with carrier partners to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Actively manage the quality of our transportation partner base
- Ensure that all freight is moved on time and a fair cost
- Always think about how to do things better, faster, more efficiently and at a fair cost
- Be dedicated to solving the difficult issues
- Be able to speak to core operational and growth metrics with the management team
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 2+ year experience in the transportation industry required
- Operational experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners, and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Strong communication and organization skills
About Uber Freight
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.