TruWest Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Services Representative II -TX
at TruWest Credit Union
Education: Passing of Certifications, A – D of the TruAchievement Branch Program (if participating in this program).
Knowledge and Skills:
Individual must have displayed good sales and referral abilities. Requires advanced knowledge of TruWest products, services and account requirements in order to identify cross-selling opportunities, which will benefit the member. Individual must have knowledge of the credit unions policy and procedures as well as basic lending regulations. Must have the ability to perform math calculations with a high degree of accuracy, good attention to detail, and good knowledge of negotiable instrument elements. Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of the TruWest computer system, advanced PC skills (including navigating within appropriate websites). Individual must have good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with little or no supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner. Must project a professional image, in dress, appearance and behavior.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify member’s financial needs through profiling and promoting appropriate products and services to maximize cross-sale opportunities and maintain acceptable referral and sales levels (as well as meeting established TruService survey scores).
- Understands and can perform all Teller related duties.
- Actively manage the lobby traffic – providing personalized, professional service to all members in an exceptional manner, and seeking out opportunities to exceed member expectations.
- Actively use the lobby management app, called Lobby Tracker.
- Accurately complete and process product/service/loan applications for review and evaluation, along with interfacing with members in response to applications submitted.
- Understand and open all deposit accounts and accurately originate and book applicable loan products; completing necessary documentation for application processing as required by state and federal laws.
- A good understanding of Business Accounts, IRAs (including Ascensus) and other special accounts and the documents required during account opening.
- A good understanding of Xpress Accounts and LoansPQ (following up on loan queues and ensuring contact has been made and notes updated to ensure all loans approved, get ultimately booked, unless member cancels).
- Consistently educate members about their financial choices, by listening, asking about and understanding their needs – responding by offering appropriate financial products/services.
- Understand and perform the duties of a Notary and Signature Guarantee transactions.12. Responsible for successful outbound sales calls to existing and potential members. Center, when applicable).
- Answer incoming calls and assists members with their requests (transferring to the Contact
- 11. Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies, Confidentiality Policies and Human Resource Policies.
- Create and maintain their own “book of business”, following up with applicable members in regular intervals. Come up with ideas for successful sales opportunities, being proactive and effective at problem-resolution.
- Source documents, checks and negotiables are properly processed by following established procedures.
- A good understanding of the electronic check process, and adherence to the anti-fraud check detection software.
- A good understanding of all eServices offered by the credit union, and can effectively demonstrate and/or assist members in signing up for applicable services, including on their own devices (or branch PC/tablet). Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the team and cooperate with co-workers and Managers, and demonstrates a willingness to assume additional responsibilities.
- High energy and sales ability during each member contact.
- Handle member transactions and complete assignments in a timely manner by structuring and organizing work effectively.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and members, both verbally and in written form, and maintain a professional interface with other branches/departments.
- Effectively utilize downtime, in a productive manner.
- Perform any other duties, as may be required, to meet credit union objectives.