Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tommy Bahama
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
In 2016, we launched our first Marlin Bar in Coconut Point, Florida as a laid back space where locals and travelers could gather casually over food and drink. Two years later, a second oasis opened its doors in the mecca of mid-century modernism: Palm Springs, California. Since our guests are asking us for more, we are adding several throughout the United States over the next few years (and beyond). The Marlin Bar is the perfect spot to shop, enjoy frozen cocktails, light fare with friends & family where friendly service and casual vibe are always the catch of the day.
SET THE COURSE
The Marlin Bar is a relaxed refuge, where our guest can unwind with a cocktail, light fare, and simultaneously enjoy some retail therapy. This position will take responsibility for achieving individual and team sales goals. Enhance the guest’s experience by providing prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional service that supports the Marlin Bar, including retail and food and beverage offerings.
BE THE MARLIN BAR GUIDE
- Create a relaxed destination - Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs that may include retail as well as culinary.
- Assess the needs of guests by asking open-ended questions and provide the appropriate level of service and expertise using the answers to those questions.
- Learn about and apply guest likes, dislikes, color preferences, food and beverage preferences and attitude to best meet and exceed their shopping needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain product based on guest needs and desires.
- Be skilled at engaging with guest on the wide range of Marlin Bar product from retail to food and beverage.
- Set the course - Learn, reference and apply product knowledge information obtained from various sources such as co-workers, seasonal buy strategy and visual documents, company Intranet, product labels, Product Knowledge binder, new menus and specials. Embrace brand direction by providing product knowledge (both fashion and culinary) direction with guests on a daily basis.
- Build the perfect oasis - Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season’s trends and key items for the business. Know the menu and taste our menu items. Maintain current knowledge of tommybahama.com, marketing programs, images, and media plans.
- Prepare fitting rooms for guests; keep fitting rooms clean and free of merchandise when not in use, escort guests to the fitting room and neatly present guest’s selected merchandise in the fitting room, etc. Work with partners to provide guest with beverage and assist them with culinary needs. Assist with food and beverage service as required from time to time.
- Provide ongoing hospitality and assistance. Proactively seek opportunities to up sell and add-on additional products – retail as well as food and beverage and in order to further enhance the guest’s experience.
- Meet and exceed sales and service performance goals set by management team members including but not limited to individual sales, units per transaction (UPT,) dollars per transaction (DPT,) etc. Build lasting relationships (“clientele”) with guests by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new items, including food and beverage, and remind them of upcoming events.
- Maintain proper banking at POS while following all “Banking” and “Tip” policies and procedures.
- Accurately and efficiently facilitate guest purchase and return transactions.
- Capture and/or verify guest contact information and actively invite them to participate in guest program.
- Watch for and recognize loss prevention situations and know how to prevent and handle these situations using outstanding guest service and “Loss Prevention” policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in all meetings and trainings, and apply learned skills on the job.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Participate in cleaning and assisting where help is needed including upkeep of entire location and at the direction of management. Assisting guests should always come first.
- Perform duties as required and that may occasionally be necessary to support the business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Generally, 2 years guest service and sales experience preferred
- Retail apparel and/or hospitality experience preferred
- Strong sales and service skills, strong interpersonal skills, verbal communication skills, listening skills, ability to multi-task, time management skills, organization skills, basic math skills, cash handling/transaction skills, and ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to learn and present product information and provide service to the guest wherever they are at the location
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds frequently
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required – frequently
- Climbing ladders – occasionally
- Routine standing for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
- Possible Travel for training and assisting at other Tommy Bahama locations
- Ability to work varied hours and days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
At Tommy Bahama, paradise is our business. Focused on exceptional guest service, upscale products and delicious food and drinks, our tropically inspired lifestyle inspires the world to relax. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, eCommerce and technology experts, manufacturing and operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. There are countless opportunities to contribute to our continued success — if you'd like to help us "Live the Island Life," we'd like to hear from you.
Tommy Bahama is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.