Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Conference Services - Vail
at Timbers Resorts
Responsible for liaising between customer and operations for meetings and events held on property and communicating the customers’ needs and wants to the operations staff for a successful event or meeting.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures that all definite groups are given banquet and catering information in a timely manner to maximize revenue.
- Responsible to ensure that all contracted food and beverage is consumed AND that they upsell as much as possible to increase F&B spend on property.
- Responsible for wedding sales and servicing.
- Ensures that the customers meets or exceeds their room block through proper communication of the contracted rooms revenue.
- Executes the contract.
- Communicates to banqueting department to ensure excellent food and beverage service to customers in a courteous, professional manner, meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Maintains awareness of services and food and beverages offered by the catering department.
- Promotes Food & Beverage program as related to catering to increase potential revenues.
- Works closely with Executive Chef to successfully present profitable catering options.
- Coordinates all AV equipment contracts and other vendor services.
- Responsible for the weekly meetings with Operations to ensure detailed communications to all operations staff. This will include resume’s and EO’s.
- Meets with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef to review all EO’s on a weekly basis.
- Works with Reservations Department on all blocks and rooming lists. Any changes or additions in blocks are communicated to the client via addendum.
- Reviews, and reconciles all group billings within the conference services and catering department, ensure that all documents are accurate from accounting before going to the client. Assumes all duties of Director of Banquet Operations, in their absence.
- Maintains knowledge of safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Responds to guest and customer inquiries in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skill / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of food and beverage operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of catering and conferences services functions.
- Principles and methods of delivering customer service.
- Practices and techniques of food and beverage operations and profitability.
- Computer applications Delphi, Microsoft office.
- Practices and techniques of fiscal management and accounting.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Managing multiple projects and programs, with keen attention to detail.
- Managing various catering and conference services operations.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Working collaboratively with other departments and staff.
- Coordinating efforts with other departments.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.