The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
visit - wearegeo.com
About the Role
Responsible for all technology business development activity in assigned States, including the introduction and sales of new Company products and services to prospective customers, and the growth of Company products and services to existing customers. Maintains ongoing communication with customers to develop and enhance positive relationships, promote Company products and services, and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
Primary focus is new business development of accounts including new programs, take-away of competitor accounts, growth of assigned accounts and account retention.
What You'll be Doing
- Identifies and closes sales opportunities in assigned existing and new accounts in order to meet and/or exceed assigned revenue quotas. Utilizes all Company resources, including management team, customer service, sales support and business development team members to achieve objectives.
- Drives market share growth and focuses on customer retention.
- Creates and maintains a strategic account plan for each account consistent with the customer business/strategic plan.
- Negotiates pricing and contract terms with new and current accounts to close deals.
- Develops and enhances ongoing relationships with key executives in each assigned account, including directors, commissioners, judges and department heads.
- Forecasts new and existing account growth/revenue in assigned territory as requested by Regional Manager.
- Utilizes Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to deposit and maintain market share data in assigned territory.
- Assists each assigned/prospective account with identifying, justifying and planning for information and service needs.
- Acts as a communication liaison between Company internal departments and customer at all levels to ensure prompt handling of customer inquiries/issues and customer satisfaction.
- Provides customer status reports, key prospecting data, trip reports and other sales reports as requested.
- Represents Company at national/local trade shows and conferences, mandatory bidders’ conferences, and public hearings, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business, Computer Science Communications or related field or equivalent experience in one of these disciplines.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in selling large ticket, technical equipment to government or similar agencies. Experience with government bid processes preferred.
- Experience in corrections/criminal justice system desired.
- In-depth knowledge of sales strategies specifically for government sales and/or corrections.
- Knowledge of Company products and services and competitive advantages thereof.
- Knowledge of current information systems technology.
- Knowledge of corrections industry and industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of Company customers and/or corrections market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced conflict management skills, including negotiation, problem/issue determination, and resolution.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Advanced strategic sales account planning skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Professional demeanor.
- Valid State Driver’s License and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in order to make home visits.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
As a Business Development Director, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification that will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!