The Cog Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Sales Representative, Denver, CO
at The Cog Group
Job Title: Technical Sales Representative
Based: Greater Denver Area
Position Reports to: Managing Partner
Job Purpose: To develop strong interpersonal relationships within the specification community, providing technical support and direction aimed at improving product position to create and enhance our sales opportunity. Provide technical sales support for company represented lines to the contractor base and distribution partners.
- Gain opportunities with specifiers, architects, consultants, school districts, municipalities, property managers, building owners and roofing contractors to drive sales of company represented product lines.
- Execute the Territory Development Plan by educating, promoting and selling our key products.
- Track market intelligence in the industry with respect to market development, projects, new products, competitive activity, and potential customers.
- Perform presentations for existing and potential clients, including design professionals, to educate and promote company product lines.
- Use analytical skills to evaluate job tracking, CRM, close ratios and pricing analytics to develop strategies and direction for the company.
- Follow projects through the entire pipeline to ensure closure of the sale through the appropriate sales channel.
- Strong emphasis on increasing industry knowledge and understanding of system design and products by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional trade publications, maintaining personal networks, attending industry events and participating in trade organizations.
- Manage the CRM database and utilize it to maximize close rates.
- Develop and maintain new and existing customers through personal sales calls: in-person, on phone and via email.
- Identify opportunities to maximize system performance, energy efficiency and life cycle cost while growing sales of premium and ultra products.