Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Account Representative
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Billing & Reimbursements
- Billing & Collections
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and exciting opportunity for a Patient Account Representative, working as part of a high performing revenue cycle team. This individual will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Employees in this highly customer service-oriented position will answer questions the patient has regarding their bill or insurance, as well as gather information and problem solve to achieve account resolution. The purpose of this position is to successfully handle patient accounts through payment application, payment reconciliation, collection of monies owed and past receivables, establishing payment plans, ensuring accuracy of patient statements, working of credit balances/refunds, the handling of mail returns/skip trace, recommending accounts for bad debt write off and reporting of work in progress.
- Provides excellent customer service in alignment with our “Language of Caring” expectations by promptly answering patient inquiries, going above and beyond with follow through actions and always maintaining a positive demeanor while interacting with customers, both internal and external.
- Assists patients and family members with billing and account questions including following up with insurance companies and internal departments as needed.
- Works to resolve complaints at first contact wherever possible. Ensures all encounters are handled in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
- Proactively works outstanding patient balances by contacting patients to arrange payment on outstanding accounts.
- Ensures patient balances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Submits patient statements accurately and timely (within 24 hours of statement creation date)
- Completes soft patient collections by phone, mail or patient preferred method of communication
- Maintain appropriate documentation and notes on all collection and patient communication activity in the Enterprise Practice Management System.
- Process adjustments and/or write offs when appropriate and in accordance with Terros Health policy.
- Monitors, processes and completes follow-up on credit balances. When necessary submits refund requests to management with supporting documentation.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement and special projects as assigned.
- Supports Eligibility and Enrollment Specialists with financial account related counseling questions.
- High School Diploma required, prefer an Associate Degree in administration or equivalent experience in billing, finance or business administration and at least 2yrs patient collections experience.
- Ability to analyze patient accounts and determine status and required actions.
- Experience in specific area of work applied for such as healthcare services, customer service and medical records.
- Worked in a production-based environment before and is a custom to being held to a high standard of productivity
- Above average skills in Excel and Word. Ability to creates and use Pivot Tables and V-Lookup Functions.
- Functional knowledge of CMS/HRSA/AHCCCS guidelines
- Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy.