Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parts Counter Sales Associate
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced customer and sales-driven Parts Counter Sales Associate who will assist in-person and phone-in customers with selecting required parts, suggest related parts, and offer specials, to meet their needs. We have a large parts inventory to sell from. Our substantial volume gives us purchasing power, resulting in savings you can pass on to the customer.
In this role you will:
- Assist customers with selecting required parts, suggest related parts, offer specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line. Communicate through variety of mediums (in person, by phone, computer, etc.).
- Handle parts payment collection at point of sale and make sure all parts are billed correctly through the service department.
- Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information. Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Assist service technicians in selecting parts needed for repairs in process.
- Provide the same high level of service to the other dealership departments as is given to other customers.
- Replenish assigned inventory daily. Advise manager when areas of the department are not in satisfactory condition.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
- Experience in heavy duty truck or trailer parts department required. 5 years' experience is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of industry equipment
- Customer service experience, excellent phone etiquette & professional demeanor
- Ability to proficiently navigate through websites and look up parts
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance
We believe all employees deserve a safe work environment - All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.