Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL Driver - New Truck Sales
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
We are excited to be opening a new dealership located in Dixon, CA. This facility is set to open Fall 2019 and we are seeking exceptional talent who will play instrumental roles in starting up and growing the business. Situated on 21 acres and featuring a 61,100 square foot facility that includes a modern parts showroom, truck and trailer service bays, and comfortable driver amenities.
All team members should embody TEC values of Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer focus. If you are seeking an opportunity where you will be part of creating and growing something special, we encourage you to read further...
We have an opportunity for a CDL Driver for our New Trucks department who will assist the New Truck team by performing routine mechanical checks of vehicle inventory, facilitating customer pick-up and delivery services, performing post-repair road tests, and assisting in general lot maintenance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage equipment at dealership along with equipment stored at off-site locations. This involves moving, shifting, parking, picking up, and delivering new and used trucks and trailers while maintaining a safe, neat, and presentable space.
- Perform minor field repairs on new and used trailers and trucks as needed.
- Assist with sales support & sales process activities as requested by Sales Manager and sales team. This includes but is not limited to: assisting customers in locating and taking delivery of sold equipment, assisting customers with special requests, and assisting carriers in locating and picking up sold equipment for transfer to other branches.
- Maintain efficient inventory organization – check in trucks on arrival by thoroughly completing check in process and paperwork.
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, manufacturers, and internal & external business partners. Approach work with sense of urgency and customer focus.
- Operate vehicles in accordance with OSHA, DOT, and any applicable local, state, and federal requirements in addition to Company expectations. Maintain clean and safe vehicle.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks and projects as assigned.
Please apply if you have the following qualifications:
- Class A CDL and ability to meet all DOT requirements to maintain CDL.
- Minimum 5 years of experience moving and parking diesel trucks.
- Knowledge of DOT requirements and safe driving practices and history of safe commercial driving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build successful relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to learn mechanical terminology.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, and able to follow multiple processes through to completion without “dropping the ball."
- Ability to take photographs and manage images (download, manipulate, and email/upload images)
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.