Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Purchasing Agent working for Taylor Morrison you will recognize the value of items being purchased; negotiate and close deals with contractors and follow through with accurate contracts. The Purchasing Agent would have the skill set to manage categories relating to finishes. They would be able to completely analyze a category and make recommendations to Purchasing leadership.
We trust that as a Purchasing Agent you will: (responsibilities)
- Build purchasing data in Newstar Enterprise for all vertical costs
- Build purchasing data in Newstar Enterprise for all options
- Maintain option takeoffs and/or costs as needed for the Sales, Design, and Finance Departments
- Release base house and option orders to SupplyPro based on Cut Off calendar provided by the Construction team.
- Review option costs on every house prior to construction stage cutoff to ensure accuracy.
- Review, process, and analyze manual variance purchase orders from Purchasing Manager for Sales Office construction or any other manual PO requested by management
- Identify options on blueprints for new plans or communities
- Build the option program within the builder software for all cut offs
- Assign the craft codes to models for all new plans and/or communities in Newstar
- Maintain craft codes, major codes, and task codes for ongoing and future communities within Newstar
- Analyze and confirm actual option costs on every house at closing (closing scrubs)
- Assist in creating option bid sheets for both new production plans and/or communities
- Run take rates and analyze options with Purchasing, Sales, and Design management; remove/add options to existing set up as directed by management team.
- Upload all necessary diagrams for Construction Manager and Trade Partner use on SupplyPro
- Coordinate option cut off paperwork and approvals with the Designers and Sales Team (depending on project)
- Gather pricing for and process late/custom options; responsible for communicating cost and option information to Sales, Design, and Construction
- Maintain Master Vendor contract and vendor files
- Generate and Maintain other contract related documents such as Authorizing Addenda and Amendments
- Assist VP/Director/Purchasing Managers with maintaining takeoffs, costs, and budgets as needed for the Sales, Construction, and Finance Departments
- Review current costs with VP/Director/Purchasing Managers on every house prior to construction start to ensure accuracy prior to generating purchase orders for start package
- Assist VP/Director/Purchasing Managers with bidding new plans, communities, and sales offices
- Participate in the Sales, Construction, & Design spec and option handoff meetings for new plans/communities
- Assist VP/Director/Purchasing Manager with negotiating change orders for assigned trades
- Responsible for initiating the vendor set up process for vertical and on-lot trade partners
- Participate in National and Division initiatives when assigned to the Purchasing department
- Participate in Should Cost exercises when requested by National Purchasing
- Responsible for quarterly reporting of local and National rebates
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues as they arise in the field and/or with Taylor Morrison trade partners including but not limited to trade partner aging research and insurance coordination
- Work with Purchasing Managers, Directors and VPs to update applicable scopes of work on an annual basis
- Assist with sourcing new trade partners
- Assist in creating bid events for both new production plans, communities, and/or Sales offices
- Assist in re-bid events as deemed necessary by Purchasing Manager, Director, and/or VP
- Participate in local and National builder networking events
- Participate in the closing scrub process each month
- Assist in researching new product to be competitive with the local market
- Assist in overseeing and participation in the maintenance of any online Design center software utilized by the division
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Preferred 2-5 years of Purchasing or Construction experience in the homebuilding industry, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
- Proficient in math with basic finance knowledge
- Able to prioritize goals related to the role
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to meet and coordinate with Builders and Construction Managers in the field
- Organized and able to multi task with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and proactively
- Highly approachable and displays a positive approach to both work and internal customers.
- Ability to use with ease the Microsoft suite of solutions
- Ability to travel, if necessary
- Knowledge of Newstar, BuildPro and PlanSwift is a plus
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.