Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Purchasing Agent working for Taylor Morrison you will recognize the value of items being purchased; negotiate and close deals with contractors and follow through with accurate contracts. The Purchasing Agent would have the skill set to manage categories relating to finishes. They would be able to completely analyze a category and make recommendations to Purchasing leadership.
We trust that as a Purchasing Agent you will: (responsibilities)
- Manage the entire bid process, from bid set-up through negotiation, bid award and contract execution with suppliers and all providers
- Negotiate, finalize the details of the contract, produce and follow up on Trade Partner & Vendor contracts
- Understand and perform the techniques of Should Costs. Should Costs methodology is a different approach to traditional bidding. It is completed with a collaborative effort with trade and supply partners where there is complete visibility to costs. It is a method of understanding each component of a bid to reduce or maintain costs
- Be able to set up new vendor in Newstar and BuildPro
- Organize and maintain material bids and takeoffs for each product
- Full understanding of Analyzers. Analyzers are the different reports allowing the end user the ability to analyze, interpret and manipulate Newstar data
- Cost out variance purchase orders
- Manage all contract documents including the preparation of plans and documentation for bid process, verify accuracy and completeness of all documents including complete option list
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned categories/cost codes
- Responsible for assigned bidding projects to include bid signoff meetings, Community Grand Opening meetings and continued support to the field for life of the community
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls with all assigned trade partners
- Responsible for adhering to the Architecture/Bidding Project Tracker
- Perform cost per square footage and budget comparisons
- Audit and analyze existing trades and suppliers, on a regular basis, to ensure best price and pursue cost saving opportunities as they arise. Target bid and negotiate as needed per policy
- Maintain electronic trade partner files and regular vendor files (originals)
- Monitor, maintain and distribute house plans (BuildPro)
- Maintain global vendor lists
- Maintain specifications and assist with rebate submittals
- Provide direct cost estimates for new land acquisitions
- Maintain scopes of work
- Maintain and understands house costs
- Check plans against contract, computer take off and plan master
- Update trade partner costs and revises estimates for subdivision, contract or plan changes
- Attend frame walks providing pricing and product expertise
- Understand construction codes by city entities
- Perform research and resolves trade partner disputes; including product or pricing issues, and invoice and contract discrepancies
- Review and approve variances, provides variance analysis
- Ability to understand and navigate purchasing system
- May assist with Architecture responsibilities
- Utilize the cost mitigation tool to drive business results
- Provide in depth analysis on data including but not limited to plan frequency and option take-rates
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Preferred 2-5 years of Purchasing or Construction experience in the homebuilding industry, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
- Proficient in math with basic finance knowledge
- Able to prioritize goals related to the role
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to meet and coordinate with Builders and Construction Managers in the field
- Organized and able to multi task with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and proactively
- Highly approachable and displays a positive approach to both work and internal customers.
- Ability to use with ease the Microsoft suite of solutions
- Ability to travel, if necessary
- Knowledge of Newstar, BuildPro and PlanSwift is a plus
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.