Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager (Healthcare)
at Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc.
- Job Location : Location
- US-CA-San Francisco
- Regular Full-Time
- Business Development
Reporting to the Executive VP of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for discovering, developing, and pursuing new business opportunities and relationships within the northern California Healthcare market sector.
The primary responsibility of the Healthcare Business Development Role is to build relationships/procure construction opportunities for the company in the Healthcare and Science and Technology markets focusing primarily on opportunities throughout the Northern California Region.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Identify qualified opportunities through the development of strategic relationships with Architects, Engineers, Developers, Owners, Heath Care Providers/Systems, and Institutional Facility/Real Estate Departments.
- Provide thought-leadership in the defined sector and region while maintaining up-to-date knowledge of developments in these areas.
- Critically apply market and business sectors knowledge toward the formation of pre-qualified opportunity and client lists.
- Develop and execute against detailed account plans.
- Develop and execute against detailed agency/association membership plans to maximize development of industry relationships.
- Actively manage customer relationship management database (CRM).
- Lead the articulation of Suffolk’s unique value proposition of ‘Build Smart’ for each opportunity.
- Work closely with National and Regional Marketing departments to ensure consistency of brand message.
- Support the company’s response to requests for proposals and bid opportunities once qualified opportunities have been identified.
- Support preparation of document package with the Marketing Team and project team for the interview phase.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, Business, Finance, Marketing or relevant discipline with 5+ years’ experience in the field or a related area
- Extensive knowledge of construction markets and business sectors is essential.
- A thorough familiarity with construction concepts, pricing, definitions, practices and procedures is fundamental. Knowledge of local planning, permitting, political landscape, and zoning regulations is required.
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring
- Strong communication and excellent organizational skills
- A strong sense of urgency, initiative, and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and sustain effective relationships at different organizational levels with a wide range of stakeholders
- Client focused having an ability to identify client needs, decision making criteria and how to align these to Suffolk’s value proposition
- Tenacity and curiosity of an entrepreneur
- Possess judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Proven ability to collaborate and prioritize within a matrix organization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.