Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Director, Business Development
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals for a business development department.
- Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements. Works with product development, marketing and/or sales group to align with the company's growth strategy.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Focus primarily on signing PCPs to the Network.
- Focus secondarily on signing Specialists to the network.
- Work with Steward Hospital Business Development, Recruiters and Physician Liaison teams.
- Collaborate with SMG Business development.
- Collaborate with Local resources to call on Self Insured Employers.
- Focus on improving engagement by developing relationships between all physicians in the Network including SMG.
- Gather intelligence on the competition and remain apprised of current network provider’s status and assist LNMs to focus on at-risk providers.
- Continuous Business development Process improvement.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
Years of Experience:
- 7 years of experience in healthcare business development
- Leading and directing successful sales teams
- Understanding of a specific market or area
- Strong and effective communication
- Understanding of Accountable Care Organization’s (ACO’s)
- Relationship management
- Strategic planning
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled