Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Representative
at Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Front Office Representative
AZ-Mesa-Mesa Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Front Office Representative to join our Mesa Outpatient Clinic! Medical Assistants encouraged to apply. Schedule is Monday through Thursday 10 AM to 7 PM and Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SBH customers. In addition, you will be responsible for processing medication refill requests, obtaining vitals and act as a liaison between consumers, prescribers, and other clinical staff.
- Schedules consumer medication, counseling and intake appointments.
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases.
- Answers all incoming phone calls and assist accordingly.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Greets clients and checks clients in/out of appointments.
- Tracks incoming referrals and outreaches accordingly.
- Verifies consumer eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D.
- Submit prior authorizations for services.
- Collects client fees/copay.
- Assists clients with applying for AHCCCS.
- Manages Prescriber/PCP schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Obtains vital signs for tele-med prescribers and PCP providers.
- Administers injections, performs venipuncture and EDGs as needed.
- Processes medication refill requests.
- Processes medication issues and prior authorizations.
- Processes and monitors lab results.
- Daily scanning and uploading of documentation into client database.
- Responsible for faxing requests out and the distribution of incoming faxes.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by CSR Supervisor, Program Director and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- May be expected to work at various SBH locations as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program highly preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred
- Requires prior clerical experience, preferably in a behavioral health setting (Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required