Shamrock Foods Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dairy Sales Specialist
at Shamrock Foods Company
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for representing and selling Shamrock Farms dairy products to Shamrock Foods and its broad-line foodservice customers. This includes restaurants, hotels/resorts, colleges/universities, and other businesses/institutions. This role operates approximately 80% in the field and 20% in the office. This position works in a fast paced and ever changing environment where attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive are extremely important to achieving company sales goals.
- Meet and train customers based on thorough knowledge of the Shamrock Farms portfolio of products
- Pursue new business opportunities, penetrating existing accounts to move them to Premium products and working a protect strategy to keep existing business and prevent/regain lost business.
- Meet with key clients, maintaining relationships and developing the opportunity to increase span and tier in each venue
- Develop and implement strategic growth and retention plans for current and future Customers to accommodate Shamrock Farms goals
- Promote growth in premium line of products and sales/revenues to meet goals and surpass the Branch broad-line growth goals
- Represent Shamrock Farms and participate at Expo’s, GSM’s, Regional Showcases, Vendor Fairs, Orientation Classes and multiple PC meetings to promote products and create top of mind awareness.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Three-year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience in the Specialty category field
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year university preferred
- Current driver's license and auto insurance required
- Must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to read and interpret reporting. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate
- Must be able to work independently and be highly motivated self-starter
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.