Sears Holding Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Development Manager
at Sears Holding Corp
Sales Development Manager
Home Services - Sears Home Improvement Products
The Manager, Sales Development is responsible for maintaining at or above sales KPI performance, including monthly & quarterly income targets as directed by management. Establishes and maintains a members first and relationship oriented sales culture through constant coaching of Sales Project Consultants (SPCs).
Direct : up to 12 Sales Project Consultants Indirect : None
The Manager, Sales Development is responsible for managing a team of outside sales associates, specifically employees with no more than one-year of experience with the company. The employee is responsible for making certain the SPCs they are responsible for meet and exceed company sales and KPI targets on a consistent basis as well as builds a team of associates that continues employment with the company for an extended period of time. The employee is responsible for providing training, mentoring, coaching, guidance and expertise in all product categories to the SPCs through classroom training, in-office meetings, one-on-one training sessions and field ride-alongs.
• Hires exempt outside sales associates capable of selling the company s products and services to our members by using the company s interview guidelines and following management direction regarding the candidates to employ with the company
• Performs training, mentoring, coaching, guidance and expertise to the company s sales force to ensure each associate is meeting and exceeding the company s set sales and KPI guidelines
• Provides classroom training, in-office meetings, one-on-one training sessions and field ride-alongs to the associates assigned to them on regular basis while following any Legal requirements regarding maintaining the classification of employee
• Builds associate competency of computer-based selling through the Company's Sales Force Automation software and available online support training tools
• Participates in Weekly Business Reviews to outline and improve individual associate and district performance
• Manages cancellations and save protocol processes with the goal of reducing cancellations through better associate training and development
• Trains and monitors to ensure all associates are creating self-generated sales to increase company revenue and associate earnings
• Monitors and coaches associate performance to ensure each associate is selling enough products to earn a reasonable income as well as reduces company attrition rates regarding SPCs in position within their first 12-months of employment
• Performs individual appointments if directed by management
• Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates
Preferred Minimum Education
High School / GED
• Ability to manage associates reporting to them including making decisions regarding hiring and firing of team members and identify areas for associate development and improvement
• Ability to train in classroom environment along with in the member s home or driving with the associate
• Ability to follow management direction and SOPs as well as represent the Company in a business-like and professional manner
• Ability to establish priorities. negotiate contracts, and read and interpret financial information
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English (both orally and in writing) with associates, managers, consumers and others, (For Puerto Rico based associates only must be proficient in English and Spanish written and verbal communications)
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to exercise care and restrain in conserving the assets of the Company with respect to business and travel expenses
• Ability to lift and carry product sample display cases. Occasional lifting of sample cases that individually do not exceed 40 lbs. Depending on the product, sample case weight can range from 5-40 lbs
• Ability to drive in various weather conditions for long periods of time and in various geographic areas including the ability to drive, on average, 750 miles a week (or more as needed)
• Ability to access different levels of terrain while performing duties
• Thorough knowledge of Sears Home Improvement business systems and procedures.
• Experience managing up to 15 employees
• Computer skills including Lead Tracking, Appointment Center and departmental websites
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3-4 years of related experience
• Valid Driver License for the State of employment
• Up to 50% travel • 18 years of age or older
Job Code (SHC)
HS1481: Manager, Sales Development
24002: Sears Birmingham
2 - 5 Years Experience
Sears Home Improvement Products, Inc.
Location Postal Code
Sears Req Type
Location Address 1
2192 PARKWAY LAKE DR
Location Address 2
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.