Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gun Customer Service
at Scheels Sports
|Title:||Gun Customer Service|
|Store Location:||Sioux Falls, SD|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Gun Customer Service position is responsible for processing accurate and efficient sales transaction. This position will provide superior customer service to Scheels customers and with the Scheels team.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Accurately and efficiently process customer transactions through registers to itemize and total customer purchases.
- Collects payment in form of cash, check or credit from customers and able to provide accurate change when needed, and the transaction receipt.
- Record daily transactions from cash register to balance drawer by counting money at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas.
- Assist in calling NICS firearm background checks.
- Assist with gun room housekeeping.
- Ability to carry multiple gun boxes up & down stairs.
- Walking multiple customers across the catwalk to the escalators.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Publisher, Excel and Google Docs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and/or one to three months of cashiering experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 5p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 27 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate