Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elements Sales Manager
at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by sourcing and booking business for the Sunset Space, Praying Monk, and Table XII. This individual will assist clients in program planning and menu selection for their events; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to this positions success as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Proactively source outside sales opportunities by soliciting local businesses through cold calling and personal visits to potential clients to increase food and beverage sales.
· Maintain event scheduling through Delphi & Open Table.
· Coordinate functions/events in Sunset Space, Praying Monk, and Table 12.
· Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and site visits, promote facilities and services.
· Coordinate with event planners to meet specific group requirements.
· Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting and social planners.
· Distribute, to the necessary resort departments, detailed information relative to catering activities.
· Assist Restaurant Manager’s in supervising, coordinating meeting and event set ups and service.
· Assist in menu planning, preparation, pricing, and contracts - all detailed in BEO’s.
· Type contacts, menus, letters, BEO’s and reports.
· Assist in referrals to the Sales and Catering departments when appropriate.
· Set up and maintain function files.
· Attend Food and Beverage meetings, BEO Meetings and an occasional Staff Meeting.
· Responsible for coordination with catering service personnel, the kitchen and accounting.
· Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Lead by example in areas of correct verbiage and proactive hospitality skills.
· Ensure understanding, compliance and lead by example in accordance to the Sanctuary Commitments.
· Participate in Public Relations events as needed.
· Perform additional duties as requested by the elements General Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Flexible and long hours often required.
· Requires ability to extend arms, bend and stoop to reach materials in drawers or on shelves; occasionally to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects 25 pounds.
· Extensive knowledge of Food & Beverage etiquette, guest relations, and service standards.
· Ability to read and write, and speak English clearly.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Proficient in applications to include; Word, Excel, Microsoft, Outlook, Delphi, Opentable.
· Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
· Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions for entire shift.
· Must be highly organized, detailed and sales oriented. Ability to multi-task effectively.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
· Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks while supporting the needs of both guests and the department.
· Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
· Excellent telephone etiquette and excellent/professional communication skills required.
· Adhere to attire, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
· Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
· Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
· Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
· Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
· At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
· Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
Education High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous hospitality sales experience, required.
Previous restaurant sales experience in a high end, luxury hotel or resort preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.