Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager (Telecommunications)
at Saddleback Communications
The Product Manager is responsible for supporting the roadmaps and go to market processes for our voice and data products. This includes supporting legacy products and new product improvements, using comprehensive market and competitive research, understanding market growth strategies; supporting service, product, package launch and planning, driving detailed roadmaps with vendors development and marketing teams, sharing responsibility through the writing of requirements and engineering tasks prioritization. This position is strategic and tactical, and requires close interaction internally – with marketing, sales, technical development and operations, customer service and, externally, mostly with customers and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes the product plan / strategy and roadmap in support of the Company’s strategy.
- Identify the business and operational requirements based upon customer needs and market feedback
- Develops the new product introduction plan based on voice of the customer input and market research.
- Analyze the customer detail and market potential to provide product forecast guidance.
- Researches and understands price/value in each respective segment and optimizes gross profit margin by driving cost reductions, adjusting price, or exiting markets.
- Works with Sales team to develop acquisition strategy and targets.
- Analyze the competitive landscape determining market capacity and provide guidance on margins and lead times.
- Provides financial analysis on product line profitability for current and potential customers or projects.
- Works with Sales and Service teams to deploy product plan and ensure clear communication of product segment objectives.
- Assists in the marketing plan development for new product introductions within the product segment.
- Leads the new product development process and takes responsibility for quantifying market value and financial viability of proposed products. Applies project management tools as appropriate.
- Manages the product portfolio by charting product life cycle, adding to or trimming the offering based on market requirements and competitive landscape.
- Provides timely and consistent communication on the analysis of market share, margins, and competitive landscape to divisional leadership.
- Effectively communicates and trains the sales force on the product strategy / plan.
- Develops and communicates responses and company positions in response to product specific challenges.
- Develops innovative methods and materials to train customers on the product and to train our sales force on how to sell the associated value proposition.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitor activity, anticipate competitor responses and manage the product line accordingly. Communicates key information to all stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university
• Minimum 3 years of demonstrated product leadership experience with a track record of consistent and exemplary achievement.
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
- Decisive problem-solving ability and capability to assess people and situations with accuracy.
- Confident self-starter with integrity and accountability.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, competitive, and entrepreneurial individual with a desire to tackle challenging opportunities.
- Must be able to effectively and persuasively present complex information in a simple way to executive level audiences.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Prior successful experience overseeing and driving product development and new product launches.
- Market Analysis to identify and quantify market needs and identifies opportunities as well as evaluating competitor offerings
- Product Planning to refine scope and schedule the complete Product Plan
- Risks and Opportunities are identified, and mitigation activities tracked
- Product Launch (includes preparation and launch execution)
- Product Life-cycle Management, from initial concept through product end of life
- Project management experience
- Carrier Access provisioning/knowledge a plus.
Utilize computer software (specified above)
Retrieve and compile information
Public speaking/group presentations
Research, analyze and interpret information
Verify data and information
Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
Organize and prioritize information/tasks
Operate office equipment
Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
Sitting for extended periods
Extended periods viewing computer screen
Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate. Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check. Employees are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Not an Under-Fill position.
Insurability: Must meet the SRPMIC insurance standards.