Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
State Sales Finance Analyst I
This role supports the field-based Sales Finance function. Key responsibilities are directly related to supplier relations and analysis of the business results as compared to contractual obligations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conducts ROI analysis of sales programs.
- Ensures successful business work flows; standard of operations; reports; technology solutions; and appropriate recordkeeping for compliance reasons.
- Assists leadership on achieving goals and budgets in partnership with sales line management and leadership.
- Assists with key analysis work of the supplier accounts receivable. Conducts gross profit analysis; fund analysis; data quality; costing; federal compliance; and supply chain management, as needed.
- Compile and provide variance analysis and business insight on business performance. Research variances on financial statements, and originate correcting journal entries resulting from analysis.
- Maintains: validates: and distributes all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure program effectiveness.
- Creates; maintains; validates; and distributes key periodic reports package including: Dashboards, Daily Top Line, Master Planning, and Daily Financials
- Anticipates problems and develops solutions and plans. Troubleshoots financial issues for solutions with line management.
- Conducts analysis of profitability and appropriate ROI of supplier incentives. Ensures financial compliance of supplier contracts and ensure proper bill-back percentages for supplier incentives
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the competencies of the RNDC Individual - Administration Leadership Competency Model:
- Implement Continuous Improvement: Behaviors which result in the improvement of existing processes or development of new processes leading to greater efficiency. It also includes the implementation and management of change. This includes effective business judgment and critical thinking, as well having a systemic perspective of the business.
- Negotiate Conflict Through Collaboration: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Manage Execution to Attain Results: Behaviors which involve managing people to accomplish goals, including performance management, effective delegation, creating accountability, ensuring high standards and clear goals, etc. This competency includes identification of priorities and actions that have the greatest impact on outcomes and business results.
- Focus on Profitability: Behaviors which have a direct impact on profitability, outside of process improvement activities.
- Attract, Coach, & Promote Talent: Behaviors that contribute to the development of the skills and knowledge of direct reports. This competency includes creating a learning and training environment, coaching and providing feedback, and developing people’s careers.
- Demonstrate Professionalism: Behaviors that contribute to creating an environment of respect and professionalism. Demonstrates excellent communication skills; high integrity; personal responsibility and initiative; treats people with respect; encourages diversity; maintains a positive, professional demeanor; and is serious-minded about responsibilities.
- Create Customer Satisfaction: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with external customers (trade/market) and lead to increased satisfaction on the part of the customer. Includes creating a culture of customer excellence, being responsive to needs, etc.
- Build Supplier Satisfaction: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with suppliers which lead to increased satisfaction on the part of the supplier. Includes developing strong working relationships, understand and responding to supplier opportunities, being proactive and a good business partner.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university preferred; four or more years related analyst experience, preferably three or more years in an accounting or financial, accounting, economics business environment with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write business presentations and executive white papers, using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting Oracle software. Knowledge of database software (Microstrategy or ability to learn). Experience with supply chain software is necessary. Database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to travel up to 10% time.
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle, if there is a business need.
- Current state driver’s license.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handles, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.