Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Sector Sales Account Manager
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Field Sales
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Help us grow and develop our relationship with key state, local, and education (SLED) government agencies. The Red Hat Public Sector team is looking for a Public Sector Sales Account Manager to join us. In this role, you will expand beyond Red Hat's existing customer base within assigned accounts, sell consulting services to encourage fast adoption of Red Hat's core competencies, and cross-sell all Red Hat's offerings. You'll need to have a combination of customer-facing consulting skills and deep technical knowledge of enterprise software, including a core understanding of operating systems, virtualization, middleware deployments, and cloud computing. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work closely with account solutions architects to identify key projects, programs, and offices to persuade toward buying Red Hat's solutions
- Manage the account planning process and delivery of these strategic plans
- Serve as a trusted adviser for senior IT and business executives within key accounts and create a long-term partnership with customers
- Develop new strategies for our offerings within key accounts to establish proofs of concepts and pilot implementations of Red Hat's core competencies
- Work closely with product, product engineering, professional services, and product support teams to ensure excellent customer experience with Red Hat's solutions
- 8+ years of field and solutions B2B sales experience; 4+ of those years specifically focused on selling internal infrastructure solutions to state, local, and education (SLED) government agencies
- Proven record of working closely with customers to produce solutions that exceed their business expectations
- Extensive background in consultative customer engagement with either a major provider of enterprise software or within the sales division of an enterprise software reseller
- Record of working closely with customers to produce solutions that exceed their business expectations
- Broad experience with the government acquisition process
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large companies
- Solutions selling mindset and ability to work in an environment with multiple offerings and services
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with global cross-functional teams to achieve success for customers
- Excellent balance of strategic and tactical skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.