Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR Sales Engineer
at RCN Corporation
RCN Sr. Sales Engineer is the technical lead supporting Enterprise and GEMS teams with a focus on Ethernet Services, Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), Private Networking Solutions, Voice solutions, including Digital Trunking and Hosted Voice, and Dedicated Video Transport. The Sales Engineer will provide consultative pre-sales technical support, working with the account teams to develop proposals and recommend solutions to meet customer business requirements.
- Attend customer meetings in person and via the phone/web.
- Prepare technical proposals and presentations in conjunction with Sales Executives, which may include preparation of network topologies, network drawings, technical specifications, and assisting with the development of pricing requests.
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Analyzes customers business needs and develops strategies based on knowledge of customer’s current communications network, equipment and business on how company can competitively meet customer’s needs.
- Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning.
- Lead cross-market and corporate engineering team to support regional/national inter-market opportunities.
- Provides technical training and development to support the Corporate Account teams.
- Perform other support duties, as assigned.
Skill & Abilities
- Requires a professional demeanor and appearance with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Knowledge in IP routing and switching, Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture, Voice and VoIP technologies and products, and Ethernet technologies and products
- Experience with Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), Course Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM), Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience supporting telecommunications services to Enterprise accounts
- Must have a proven track record of building and executing technical solutions and sales strategies to penetrate, close, and manage Enterprise accounts
- Experience in strategic account positioning with Executive level
- Strong Computer Skills – including working knowledge of MS Office products, Databases, Visio
- Experience with various CRM tools
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Industry certifications for Cisco such as (CCDA, CCNA, CCIE) or Juniper (JNCIA/ENT) preferred or equivalent
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing