Premier Valley Bank & Yosemite Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Sales Manager
at Premier Valley Bank & Yosemite Bank
Premier Valley Bank and it's Divisions, Founders Community Bank and Yosemite Bank, are growing dynamic organizations with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Sales Area Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the branches in their designated sales area - ensuring great customer service, driving the sales culture, achieving overall sales growth goals for the banking centers and overseeing its operational excellence. This role will also be responsible for referrals to the other lines of business to meet the customer’s financial needs. The position will directly manage the banking center team to include: leading sales activities, promoting operational excellence and providing leadership and coaching. This position will also be personally responsible for enhancing inside and outside sales, developing new business relationships through community involvement and creating an exceptional customer experience by handling all customer needs.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Transaction/Sales Responsibilities:
1. Builds/maintains a proactive sales culture within the banking center; works with banking center employees to meet customers' needs and to maximize cross-selling opportunities.
2. Serves as the branch expert on Consumer and Micro Business with the ability to close Small Business loans up to the approved limit set forth by bank leadership
3. Provides a great customer experience in whatever capacity is needed i.e., processing transactions at the teller line, opening/closing accounts, etc.
4. Develops strong relationships and a leadership presence within the market area served by the banking center; is active in the community at board leadership levels and building networks among Centers of Influence, community leaders and business groups. This involvement may include nights and weekends.
5. Holds frequent huddles with all banking center employees and leads sales meetings to discuss banking center and overall bank performance pertaining to sales goal expectations versus actual sales results
6. Works with Commercial, Business Banking, Mortgage, Wealth Management, and Financial Consulting to cross-sell products and services, as appropriate
7. Responsible for coordination of all aspects of the AtWork program
8. Ensures all marketing materials are current and available for sales staff.
9. Maintains a thorough knowledge of all applicable compliance laws and regulations including but not limited to BSA/AML/OFAC/CRA, consumer compliance, etc.
10. Leads the customer experience strategy to ensure banking centers are delivering consistent, positive experiences for all customers.
11. Maintains a "Top 5" list of local talent
12. Travels to each banking center in their designated sales area each week and cultivates high-quality relationships with the sales team in those locations
13. Focuses on P&L activity in the banking centers in order to ensure alignment with organizational goals and redirect efforts where needed.
B. Supervisory Responsibilities:
1. Directly supervises the On-Site Manager
2. Serves as head of onboarding and new team member orientation for all new retail team members in the sales area.
3. Coaches and mentors banking center staff to promote individual growth and development
4. Creates a positive atmosphere that encourages productivity and teamwork among all banking center staff
5. Works with Heartland’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions
6. Provides information on-going communication to department and staff regarding expectations and performance
7. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner
8. Resolves customer concerns or complaints.
9. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews in a timely manner
C. Operational Excellence:
1. Oversees and owns the overall operational excellence of their designated area banking centers.
2. Recognize and implement additional training opportunities including sales coaching to enhance the skill level of the Retail Staff. Directly accountable for sales performance in alignment with Banker Center Goals for defined region.
3. Conscious of security and complies with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
4. Enforces timely completion of audits and branch reviews.
5. Monitors and reviews banking center security procedures and controls access to vault and cash drawers.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of BSA and other regulatory requirements as related to the banking center.
7. Monitors data to analyze the financial performance of the banking center
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 3-5 years previous sales and customer service experience required.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience required.
3. 3-5 years of experience in banking, business development, personal banking, business banking or branch management highly preferred
4. Previous sales management of multiple locations preferred.
5. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, e-mail and the Internet
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Deep knowledge of business lending processes and business loan and deposit products
8. General knowledge of small business needs, personal deposit and consumer loan products, Wealth Management, Treasury Management, fixed annuities, brokerage products, bank services, and Federal regulations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Relationship banking. It's the driving force behind everything we do. Our relationships are based on a mutual trust between banker and client, built over time. As a Premier Valley Bank customer, you'll never be treated as an account-we don't serve numbers, we serve people. And the personal service that you'll receive at Premier Valley Bank is a reflection of that philosophy.
You'll find that banking with Premier Valley Bank offers unique benefits, like business bankers who know your name and your business; loan approvals with local decisions that don't have to come from a centralized, out-of-town office; daily courier service, picking up deposits from your workplace. But the biggest advantage may be that we have a vested interest in your business and your community, in helping them both to thrive and grow. We are committed to your success.
Premier Valley Bank is a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., a multi-billion financial services company dedicated to the principles of community banking: Community involvement, an active board of directors, local presidents and local decision making.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will