Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Account Executive
at Phoenix Suns
Primary focus is on selling group tickets and VIP Packages for a wide variety of events and attractions:
- Premier Sports Teams: Phoenix Suns (NBA), Phoenix Mercury (WNBA), and Arizona Rattlers (AFL)
- Family Shows (Disney on Ice, Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus, Supercross, Monster Jam, etc.)
Group Sales Account Executives plan and coordinate large group events and theme nights, directed at generating ticket revenue. The selected candidate will make outgoing calls; set/attend sales-based appointments and presentations, in addition to working sales events and games. Account Executives will perform basic office functions as needed, and be challenged to create new ideas to increase sales.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Making sales calls from territory and category lists to area organizations and follow-up as necessary
- Performing “event day” responsibilities, including entertaining clients and fulfilling large/theme group night commitments on weeknights and weekends
- Contacting qualified and unqualified sales leads for new group and season sales
- Managing and servicing existing group accounts
- Handling customer service and ticketing issues of assigned group customers
- Prospecting for new group clients
- Attending/staffing numerous networking, marketing and community events
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least one year of sales experience in a fast pace environment
- Previous experience in Group Sales either with an arena or professional/collegiate sports team preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs.
- Expected to work a majority of events/games.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer