Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Account Representative/Financial Counselor
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Sonora Behavioral Health hospital is hiring a Patient Account Representative/Financial Counselor, to provide Financial Counseling and Account services with patients to collect payments as identified.
Sonora is the largest inpatient psychiatric hospital in Tucson with 140 beds, serving adults, adolescents and children with behavioral health conditions and chemical dependency issues.
We encourage you to consider a career opportunity with us, as we offer excellent benefits, a positive and supportive work environment, plus many opportunities to make a difference.
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Provide patient account services to include verifying patient insurance benefits/eligibility, create financial charts, obtain required patient signatures and update logs. Assist with payment collections, post physician charges and other designated administrative tasks.
- Verify and document detailed patient insurance benefit and eligibility information in HMS, logs and in financial charts for all inpatient and outpatient services.
- Verify eligibility for all Medicare patients and printout eligibility inquiry.
- Check in/register patients when needed to include financial counseling, payment collections, etc.
- Post physician charges into PMC and keep physician logs updated.
- Alert Financial Counselors and Business Office Director of all benefit eligibility matters that suggest or challenge reimbursement.
- Create financial charts for each inpatient and/or outpatient admission.
- Obtain required patient signatures/data for all services.
- Collect patient payments as identified. All collected payments must be logged in the designated tracking tools and reconciled. Payment collections must have corresponding receipt in receipt book and must be securely locked until taken to responsible party for deposit.
- Assist the Business Office by obtaining insurance claim status for unpaid claims when assigned to a claim status project.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years prior admissions and or collections experience in a hospital setting required, psychiatric experience preferred.