Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Insurance Biller/Collector
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6b09c75e-8d37-4a18-b1ea-bd176e1ee522
- Call and status outstanding claims with third party payors.
- Review claims issues and make corrections as needed and rebill.
- Utilize claims clearing house to review and correct claims. Resubmit electronically when available.
- Review explanation of benefits to ascertain that claim processed and paid correctly.
- Complete adjustment forms if any adjustments need to be made to an account and attach all supporting documentation.
- Manage daily productivity via patient accounting system and productivity reports. Needs to maintain an average of 30-40 accounts worked per day minimum.
- Prorate patient accounts and monitor that balance due is in the correct financial class.
- Report an overview of the week to the BOD and participate in AR meetings.
- Gather and interpret data from system and understands appropriate course of action to take and initiates time-sensitive and strategic steps resulting in payment.
- Assist financial counselors as needed.
- Alert Financial Counselors and Business Office Director of all benefit eligibility matters that suggest or challenge reimbursement.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three or more years’ prior admissions and or collections experience in a hospital setting required.
- Psychiatric experience preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!