Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Global Sales Finance
at Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as the VP, Global Sales Finance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the VP, Global Sales Finance is responsible for setting strategy and overseeing business analysis, financial planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of the go-to-market organization and partner with sales leaders to align business and financial goals
- Proactively manage the planning and forecasting processes across the organization
- Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Provide insightful and actionable recommendations for decision making through data analysis
- Meet deliverables and requests from business partners, corporate FP&A, accounting, and other cross-functional teams
- Fulfill ad-hoc and regular requests to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision making
- Define, develop and continuously create strategic sales planning for the company
- Collaborate with our sales leaders to be the owner of the sales forecast and key pipeline analysis
- Assist in developing the Sales Compensation Plan with input from GTM lines of business
- Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish guidelines, policies, and procedures. Track commissions against budgets and expectations
- Support annual business planning process including assisting in the development of the territory, quota and operational plans for Sales teams
- Bachelor’s in business administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience in a finance/sales finance unction or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Strategic thinker that demonstrates leadership, vision, and insight
- Hands-on manager with a strong finance background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Preparing presentations and presenting to senior executives and/or boards of directors
- Requires experience developing complex financial models and writing and reviewing complex proposals
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.