Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Business Development 1 (Clearance Required)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Embark on a careerputting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, andbeyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vitalrole in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery,supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover aculture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possiblefrom the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions ofpeople on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future andlaunch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems, is seeking a Business Development Director level 1 tolead and win new business for the Military and Civil Systems (MCS) BusinessArea focused on payloads for missile warning, missile defense, spacedomain awareness, restricted and environmental missions. Position willalso include keeping critical programs sold. This position will be located inAzusa, CA and Redondo Beach, CA, and will require up to 20 % of travel.
In this position, theselected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead Military & Civil Space Business Development organization
- Understand US Space Force, Space Systems Command/Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Space Command, US Strategic Command, Missile Defense Agency, and combatant command customer organizations, budgets, and near and long term opportunities. Understanding of NASA and NOAA also desired.
- The selected individual will be responsible to support account growth, new business development, and customer relationship management across all accounts.
- Be a liaison point of contact with key customers within assigned market segment
- Perform ongoing assessments of customer requirements, new business strategy development and execution, opportunity identification and shaping, threat identification and mitigation, mission area, business analysis, support Business Acquisition Process (BAP), Position-to-Win (PTW) execution, competitive environment, determine market trends, and develop strategies that align the customer's needs/opportunities with Northrop Grumman's capabilities and discriminator
- Cultivates space systems requirements, acquisition and user customer base including DoD, R&T, and other Space customers
- Collaborates with NGC Government Relations on customer engagement strategies and execution
- Develops and executes business development plans and strategies to influence all aspects of new business capture and protect
- Provides the division with customer information, planning, analysis, and strategy on each new business pursuit as an integrated presentation for sector management bid/no bid decisions and for the long-range strategic plan
- Provides analysis of future customer requirements
The primary location ofthis role is in Azusa, CA and occasional work from Redondo Beach, CA will beconsidered and possibly required.
· Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 10 years of BusinessDevelopment and/or Program Management experience within the Aerospace Industry.
· Knowledge and operational experience with Space systems
· Knowledge of the Department of Defense acquisition process
· Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S.Citizenship is required.
· Ability to obtain and maintain SCI program Access [Requires aSingle-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)] is required.
· Advanced Degree
· Active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
· Military experience related to Space Systems
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically; motivate/energize ateam and ability to develop and implement creative strategies to win newbusiness
· Experience in program planning, strategy, budget development andexecution; contracting, risk management, and the implementation of projectprocesses and controls
· Experience and adeptness in leading and interacting with businessexecutives and technical professionals of various levels.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.