New Mexico Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retirement Plan Services Business Development Officer
at New Mexico Bank & Trust
New Mexico Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The RPS Business Development Officer identifies prospective customers in the local market as well as in assigned regional industry markets. Initiates contact with prospective clients, prepares and delivers presentations, follows-up with prospects, and closes sale. In addition to calling on new prospects, the employee will call on existing customers to identify additional business opportunities and customer needs.
1. Responsible for developing new retirement plan business across all internal business lines and referral sources outside of Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
2. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
3. Manages a multi-state territory.
4. Follows up to move prospects through the sales cycle quickly and efficiently.
5. Maintains an active pipeline and uses internal applications to keep management appraised on progress.
6. Identifies a prospect’s specific needs and offers a custom solution.
7. Completes investment analyses of client’s fund option and offers suitable alternatives from Heartland’s fund offering.
8. Maintains up to date and accurate records, files, and critical data in sales data base.
9. Responsible for maintaining working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
10. Use consultative sales approach to identify prospect needs and offer custom solution.
11. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent years of experience.
2. 5-7 years of experience selling directly to plan sponsors with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue/asset goals.
3. Strong knowledge of plan design, compliance and testing, ERISA and industry standards.
4. Able to use a consultative sales approach.
5. Strong knowledge of investment options and an understanding of the fiduciary requirements of plan sponsors.
6. Strong knowledge of defined contribution plans.
7. Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and recommend appropriate follow-up action.
8. Excellent organizational, multi-task and follow through skills.
9. Maintain high level of confidentiality.
10. Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work on organizational initiatives.
11. Ability to multi-task.
12. Familiarity with SunGard Relius, Mid-Atlantic Trust Company, vWise, and Smart 401(k) systems.
1. QPFC, QKA, APA designations highly preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
New Mexico Bank & Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
New Mexico Bank & Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will