Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal Process Representative - Specialist
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Legal Process Supervisor, representative is responsible for the review and completion of Legal Processes received from branches and Agencies via U.S. mail, fax and personal service. Must determine the validity of the request take action as soon as possible and place a hold funds as required. Processes include Money Judgments, Subpoenas, Search Warrants, Bankruptcies, Small Claims, Crime Reports and other legal orders.
- Review each legal process received to determine the validity of the request.
- Take action as appropriate.
- Process debits and credit to customer and general ledger accounts based on the legal order.
- Does appropriate searches for assets and add required restrains on accounts.
- Balance daily work and ensure its accuracy.
- Obtain documentation and photo surveillance in response to the legal process.
- Organize appearance of a witness by setting up meeting and sending out calendar reminders.
- Handle telephone calls, written inquiries from the offices and individuals outside of the branch and customers.
- Respond in both written and verbal communication to various individuals dealing with attorneys, customers, office staff, and law enforcement agencies.
- Make appropriate notes as required and take messages or relay information as appropriate.
- Resolve any problems arising from the legal process. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Representative responsible for the completion of the assigned workload within the time constraints and demonstrates analytical capabilities while performing tasks which allows for assessment of risk and minimizes potential loss to the bank.
- Responsible for contacting external customer and Retail Branch personnel to resolve issues.
- Work independently through a case management system to process assigned cases.
- In the absence of the work director or supervisor demonstrates self-reliance and responsiveness to business partners and customers.
- Requires an understanding or the ability to read and interpret complex documents (subpoenas, money judgments, court orders).
- Conduct internal investigations and collaborate with other internal units. Must be able to manage assigned case load, meet deadlines and follow established procedures.
- Excellent professional communications both written and verbal skills.
- 2 plus yrs.experiencewithin an rapid professionaloffice or legal area.
- Negotiations skills, reasoning and analysis skills, teamwork, organization and follow-up abilities, able to handle new systems.
- High volume production.
- Type minimum 30 wpm. Well versed in Office Suite products, and other office systems and equipment (i.e. copier, fax). PC etc.
- Production environment or process environment experience with attention to precision, accuracy and policy.
- Must comply and adhere to government codes and regulations.
- Lift, push or pull 30 lbs.
- May be required to perform a variety of customer service and/or office support functions in a high volume environment for both internal and external customers.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 1-2 years of experience in Banking or in a related area.
- Excellent professional communication both written and verbal skills.
- Well versed in Office Suite products, and other office systems and equipment (i.e. copier, fax). PC etc.
- Previous experience as a Teller or New Accounts Representative or other Branch operations position preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.