Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager
at Monster Energy
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will manage monthly financials and sales reports for distributors/Bottler and chains to determine opportunities for improvements based on efficiency and adjustments in consumer and customer demand, as well as brand/item performance and pricing.
The BDM is responsible for maintaining Scorecards within respective territory as well as the development and preparation of presentations for the Sales Management Team for both internal and external use.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide analysis and interpretation of internal/external market data, highlighting any underlying trends to identify new market opportunities and recommend strategies to increase the organization’s profitability.
- Ensure cooperation of all functional department heads and departments to maximize the output for the VP.
- Review all P & L elements and offer pro-active measurements, ideas and reactive solutions.
- Interface with department managers and the Information Technology Department to recommend changes to workflow procedures and/or system configuration modifications as required.
- Recommend changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and thorough analysis of sales financials, and meet with Supply Chain Department to offer suggestions as to the results of these changes.
- Establish and implement best practices, including continuous improvement of a standardized process by using alternative views such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios where appropriate.
- Identify and propose new product technology or sku’s opportunities and updates.
- Monitor FOB’s, protect margin, and evaluate where the Company can adjust pricing.
- Review monthly financials and sales reports to determine opportunities for improvements based on efficiency and adjustments in consumer and customer demand, as well as brand/item performance and pricing.
- Review and evaluate pricing of all items sold by the Company, based on analysis of competition, gross margin, and PTC’s (Price to Consumer).
- Perform maintenance of the price components by account. Prepare the Pricing Calculations Sheet to show the breakdown of prices along with the current margin, reviewing post-off participation decisions and comparing/contrasting costs and margins.
- Create and maintain the internal Price Promotion Calendar, by listing all post-off information and timing to assist in forecasting inventory needs. Set-up of new items, including pricing and package descriptions and allow for continuity and uninterrupted flow of information. Generate the forecast with each Region.
- Complete the chain pricing forms with revisions to previously reported prices or post-offs and submit to pricing personnel in the Corporate Office on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the Monthly Volume Summary by comparing sales by sku, by sales person, area, and region against sales of the previous year and against budget.
- Determine monthly “Sales Dominator,” ranking Regional Sales Managers and sales staff by actual sales volume compared against sales quotas for the month, focusing on specific priorities, distribution goals, display goals, and on-premise promotions.
- Complete supplier reports, including distribution and volume for company totals on a monthly basis.
- Complete all internal control records, forms, and reports accurately.
- Monitor unit activities with respect to budgetary guidelines and controls.
- Prepare special reports for management as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Management, Finance or related field preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a demonstrated appreciation for the value of attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills effective across a broad range of audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of standard principles and practices of business administration, including but not limited to general accounting and fiscal management practices, business operations systems, program budgeting, and personnel practices.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently while being a team player.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of SAP and demonstrated familiarity with Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Strong math, time management, and customer service skills.
- Flexibility to travel as needed