Minnesota Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retirement Plan Services Business Development Officer
at Minnesota Bank & Trust
Minnesota Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The RPS Business Development Officer identifies prospective customers in the local market as well as in assigned regional industry markets. Initiates contact with prospective clients, prepares and delivers presentations, follows-up with prospects, and closes sale. In addition to calling on new prospects, the employee will call on existing customers to identify additional business opportunities and customer needs.
The RPS Business Development Representative can be located at any of the following Heartland member banks in the Midwest Region-Minnesota Bank & Trust, Bank of Blue Valley, Wisconsin Bank & Trust.
1. Responsible for developing new retirement plan business across all internal business lines and referral sources outside of Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
2. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
3. Manages a multi-state territory.
4. Follows up to move prospects through the sales cycle quickly and efficiently.
5. Maintains an active pipeline and uses internal applications to keep management appraised on progress.
6. Identifies a prospect’s specific needs and offers a custom solution.
7. Completes investment analyses of client’s fund option and offers suitable alternatives from Heartland’s fund offering.
8. Maintains up to date and accurate records, files, and critical data in sales data base.
9. Responsible for maintaining working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
10. Use consultative sales approach to identify prospect needs and offer custom solution.
11. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent years of experience.
2. 5-7 years of experience selling directly to plan sponsors with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue/asset goals.
3. Strong knowledge of plan design, compliance and testing, ERISA and industry standards.
4. Able to use a consultative sales approach.
5. Strong knowledge of investment options and an understanding of the fiduciary requirements of plan sponsors.
6. Strong knowledge of defined contribution plans.
7. Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and recommend appropriate follow-up action.
8. Excellent organizational, multi-task and follow through skills.
9. Maintain high level of confidentiality.
10. Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work on organizational initiatives.
11. Ability to multi-task.
12. Familiarity with SunGard Relius, Mid-Atlantic Trust Company, vWise, and Smart 401(k) systems.
1. QPFC, QKA, APA designations highly preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Minnesota Bank & Trust was specifically created to offer a higher level of service to personal and business banking clients. We blend the intimacy and responsiveness of a community bank with the resources of a large financial services company.
Our business model is brand new, but it’s built on timeless principles:
We help our clients achieve personal and business goals by designing financial solutions, instead of pushing products and services.
We create a team of specialists to serve each client, instead of supplying a list of toll-free numbers.
We do what is best for our clients, rather than doing what is convenient for the bank.
We offer a comprehensive range of products and services, because you need more than ordinary credit cards, loans, and checking accounts.
We build a direct, personal relationship with each of our clients, rather than treating them as sales targets.
Our goal is simple: to create exceptional value for you, your family and your business.
We invite you to visit our offices or browse our site to experience the difference at Minnesota Bank & Trust.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will