Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bookstore Sales Associate
at Mid-State Technical College
Responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service while providing general support for the operations of the bookstore.
Regular hours for this position are: Monday - Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and every other Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide customer service by responding to general or specific inquiries from students and staff.
Perform sales activities to include using point of sale system for sales, returns, and refunds and to process cash and credit/debit card transactions.
Price and shelve textbooks and other merchandise.
Return unsold textbooks to publishers.
Perform data entry into POS software to include textbook information and third party charges.
Assist in monitoring and completing bookstore inventory.
Maintain storeroom and bookstore in a neat and orderly manner.
Handle sensitive information in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED required.
- Place a high priority on the (internal or external) customer’s perspective when making decisions and taking action; implement service practices that meet the customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time.
- Work cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Take action to establish and maintain connections with people outside one’s formal work group, including those outside the organization (e.g., peers, cross-functional partners, and vendors), who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to achieve work goals.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include pro-rated paid time off and holidays; employee assistance program; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from email@example.com. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting January 24, 2020. Applications received on or after January 24th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.