Microbac Laboratories Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Specialist - Food and Nutrition
at Microbac Laboratories Inc
Microbac Laboratories, Inc. is a premier commercial laboratory testing firm that partners with clients worldwide, offering laboratory solutions to the life science, food and nutrition, and environmental industries and serves our clients with the utmost expertise and respect for their market requirements, constraints and challenges. We embody a company-wide commitment to exceptional customer experience, which has been refined over nearly 50 years of trusted, analytical and measurement experience.
Through our network of laboratories, offices, and field services, we have the flexibility to meet the unique requirements for each client, project and scope.
As a privately held third-party testing company, Microbac operates with a commitment to safety, quality and compliance. Our diverse work portfolio includes broad accreditation offerings and tested insights across the environmental, food and nutrition and life science markets.
Under the general direction of the Director of Sales, the Business Development Specialist is responsible for building relationships with existing clients and potential companies resulting in business expansion and increased sales. The ideal candidate will have experience calling in the Food industry and will have the opportunity to expand in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. This position services our lab in Wilson, North Carolina.
- Cultivate strong, collaborative relationships with clients, helping them to achieve their business goals through services Microbac offers
- Develop and execute business plans resulting in the growth in sales revenue
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of industry trends, conditions, regulatory requirements, and competitors’ pricing, and other factors that may influence customers in order to present them with honest and accurate value propositions that favor utilizing our services
- Work closely with members of the sales team and laboratory technical staff to understand current and future service offerings and capabilities
- Increase sales revenue through the development and execution of business/sales plans
- Establish a positive rapport with clients and work closely with them to understand their needs
- Work collaboratively with internal Customer Relationship team, ensuring the needs of our clients are being met
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of the assigned territory and industry
- Leverage knowledge of clients, industry trends, and changes to proactively anticipate and address the needs of clients
- Collaborate with technical and marketing teams to create marketing materials and presentations targeted to specific industries and clients
- Utilize CRM software and other resources to identify and connect with clients
- Manage personal work expenses effectively and within budget
- Travel efficiently and safely throughout assigned region
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales reports and quotes, maintaining sales records, etc.
- Maintain current and complete files on all clients and client contacts
- Maintain a high level of client contact
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business or food science as it relates to the industry
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience (i.e.; Food testing lab, food manufacturer )
- Prior B2B sales experience and customer service experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and abilities
- Confidence leading meetings and negotiations
- Ability to understand and align the needs of others with company services and present compelling value propositions
- Residence within the communicated territory/region or willingness to relocate
- General understanding of the targeted industry
- Acceptable driving record
- A general understanding of terms and concepts typically used throughout the industry is preferred
Microbac is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Veteran Friendly Employer