Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst- Sales Finance - 10585
at Mentor Graphics
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Senior Analyst- Sales Finance - 10585
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Finance
Mentor, a Siemens Business is a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design. Founded in 1981, the company is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland).
The Senior Analyst of Sales Finance position will require the ability to thrive in three critical functions; financial, business, and data analysis. As a leading member of the Sales Finance Analytics & Intelligence Team reporting to the Director, this position provides a unique opportunity to proactively engage in a complex analytical intelligence process interfacing with executive and senior leadership, while building relationships cross functionally. Through collaboration, communication, & leadership this position will contribute to meaningful decision support and data set analysis.
The successful candidate will be:
(1) A deeply curious individual who can clarify an ambiguous request for information,
(2) Someone who can lead and develop in-depth understanding of customer level deal analysis,
(3) A person that enjoys establishing complex financial models with statistical analysis,
(4) An individual that can derive specific processes and facilitate requests to meet specific deadlines through effective time and team management, and
(5) Able to clearly and effectively communicate results using a method which meets the needs of the particular audience including executive levels.
Leadership and Responsibility Areas:
Sales Planning/Forecasting: Use financial modeling and quantitative analysis to serve best in class planning/forecasting for worldwide orders and revenue, supporting effective decision making. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in sales, finance, marketing, product division and across the entire company. Use data to build credible insights into planning trends and to influence the overall sales planning/forecasting process to better serve accuracy and drive revenue growth opportunities. Move beyond compiling of data to service the ‘why’ behind the numbers.
Reporting, Analysis, & Insight: Measures, analyzes and reports results to support informed, fact-based business decisions which drive improved performance and results across multiple sales channels. Perform ad hoc analysis for major sales initiatives and programs. Develop, socialize and report consistent assessment of historical performance and variance for forecast accuracy. Develop sales leadership dashboards, PPT presentations, etc…to communicate results in a succinct, easy-to-understand manner, to all levels of the organization. Deep understanding of the business system and process landscape required within the Go-to-Market function as well as corporate structure.
Communication & Presentation: Synthesize complex data into easily understood and compelling management reports and performance dashboards. Act as a trusted advisor and leader when creating presentation material regarding the performance of the business. Presenting analysis and reporting to executive level audience. Establish a high degree of confidence with executive leadership and cross functional partners.
Ad-Hoc: Engage on projects relating to the advancement of sales finance analytics & intelligence.
• 5+ years of experience supporting a sales organization in a lead sales operations or finance capacity
• High level of analytical ability with experience coordinating complex decision-analysis
• Skilled at developing & presenting executive-level communications and data visualization
• Proven business partner capable of influencing others with solid leadership skills
• Experience with PowerPoint, SFDC, Excel, Access, Business Objects, Qlikview and Tableau
• Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Business, Mathematics, etc.); MBA preferred
• Passion for supporting a sales finance and for understanding Go-To-Market sales processes
• Ability to bring creativity to the position while striving for continuous improvement
• A passion for independent learning and personal development
• Capable of exercising sound judgment and to instill confidence
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; courage to speak your mind
• Meticulous attention-to-detail
• Technical aptitude - Ability to quickly learn new systems
• Ability to adapt to internal policies/ processes / procedures and changing direction of a task/project
• Outgoing, professional and articulate; great internal customer & communications skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
• Must be reliable and heavily resourceful in solving issues
• Amiable, professional and enjoys daily interaction with peers and client groups; natural ability to form professional relationships with all levels and departments within the company
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.