Matrix Absence Management, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager (Integrated Disability Management)
at Matrix Absence Management, inc.
Matrix Absence Management is one of the top Third Party Administrators (TPA) supporting clients in absence management (FMLA/Disability/Workers' Compensation). We partner with our clients Human Resources department to manage Workers' Compensation, Disability and/or Leave of absences until the claim is resolved or the employee returns to work. Our highly customer centric approach is to try and duplicate the culture of our clients to make the experience seamless for employees. Our mobile app technology provides ease of use to our client and employee in reporting claim information.
Matrix Absence Management offers a full benefit package - Medical, Dental & Vision, including 401K match. Matrix is a friendly and pleasant office environment; offering flexible schedules Monday-Friday.
Position SummaryThe Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a proactive account management strategy with client base. Delivering a consultative stewardship with a combination of multiple lines of business that will identify strategic program solutions and a smooth implementation resulting in strategic account objectives and profitable revenue growth.
Essential Functions & Qualifications
- Achieving growth and retention targets by proactively identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Drive client renewal process
- Delivering a consultative client stewardship reporting package identifying trends, benchmarking and strategic program solutions
- Ensure client satisfaction with continuous communication as a company leader as point of contact for all escalations and the subject matter expert; able to diagnose and resolve issues timely
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and innovative ways to add value to assigned book of business
- Participation in the pre-sale process with sales
- Facilitates and coordinates new client implementation with internal and external partners
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, required
- Minimum of three years of account management experience, preferred
- Knowledge of self-insured disability, FMLA, ADA, statutory benefit programs, required
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-pace environment, required
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Travel, as required, based on the assigned geographic book of business
Additional Job Description
Matrix Absence Management is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age or disability, or any other classification or characteristic protected by federal or state law or regulation. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Matrix depends solely on your qualifications.
Essential Physical/Cognitive Job Functions
Prompt and regular attendance at assigned job locations
Ability to work shifts exceeding 8 hours, 5 days per week
Ability to interact with employees of all levels and clients in an appropriate manner
Ability to concentrate and think strategically
Availability onsite to confer with staff members with whom the incumbent must interact on a daily basis
Ability to proficiently use a personal computer for tasks such as email and preparing reports using software
Ability to review and analyze data and information
Ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner
Matrix integrates workers’ compensation, short and long term disability, return-to-work services, and personal/family and medical leave (FMLA) programs to help employers realize time, efficiency and productivity gains. Matrix is also the administrator and claims processing platform for large case integrated disability clients of sister company Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company.
An early technology leader in the absence management space, Matrix was among the first to offer both telephonic and secure online claim intake for virtually any type of employee absence.
Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, Matrix has service locations nationwide, also including claims hubs in San Clara California; Austin, TX; Hawthorne, NY; Fort Lauderdale, FL and Portland, OR.
Matrix clients employ nearly 2 million employees nationwide with total payrolls exceeding $60 billion. Matrix is a member of The Tokio Marine Group, which operates in the property and casualty insurance, reinsurance and life insurance sectors globally. The Group’s main operating subsidiary, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire (TMNF), was founded in 1879 and is the oldest and leading property and casualty insurer in Japan.