MAP Staffing Solutions Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Specialist
at MAP Staffing Solutions Group
NJ law firm has an opening for a creative, dynamic and enthusiastic Business Development professional who is looking to take their career to the next level to join the Marketing and Business Development team. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for managing a variety of business development efforts and initiatives including Attorney business development planning, client pitch materials, responding to RFPs/proposals, conducting research, creating original written content, and pipeline management.
This role will be expected to exercise strong independent judgment and will have discretion to manage day-to-day activities with limited supervision. This role requires a focus on strategic value by assessing, through benchmarking, outcomes measurement, and ROI, the appropriate level of investment for key marketing and business development initiatives.
- Manage implementation and follow-up of practice group and attorney business development plans in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Practice Development.
- Create media pitches and work with press to support overall business development efforts.
- Execute the firm’s process for completing awards submissions, applications, and ranking surveys.
- Manage the firm’s competitive intelligence programs.
- Manage client pitch strategies, presentations and responses to requests for proposal aimed at driving top-line practice group revenue.
- Monitor news feeds from various sources (including e-newsletters, alerts, print publications, broadcast news) to identify topics and source material for attorneys
- Manage the firm’s sales pipeline tracking.
- Assess the strategic value of potential events and sponsorships in light of business development goals and priorities
- Manage dashboard reporting of practice group key performance indicators from the firm’s various database systems.
- Create Attorney biographies.
- Assist with social media strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Minimum of two to three years of experience in business development in a professional services environment (law firm experience strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment and discretion related to the work product, taking direction as appropriate.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-directed behavior with a talent for listening actively and well.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with attorneys, colleagues and other stakeholders at all levels.
- Superior organizational and project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technological savvy in all Microsoft Office and Adobe Create Suite applications, with advanced skillset in Excel and Adobe InDesign.
- Outstanding research skills and ability to extract information from various data sources.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, team-based culture.
- An ability to be practical and focused while thinking creatively.
- Positive work attitude and team approach.