Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Service Representative
at Maine Medical Center
Work Hours: 40
Maine Medical Partners is a respected group of primary care and specialty medical practices in the MaineHealth family. MaineHealth Benefits include but are not limited to:
O Health and Dental Insurance
O Paid Time Off
O Retirement Benefits
O Tuition Reimbursement
O Paid Parental Leave
O Employee Discount Program
O Free Public Transit! We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our Commuter Choice program is designed to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality in the greater Portland region.
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) will greet patients in a friendly and courteous manner, answer telephones, schedule appointments, and perform other overall general office duties as assigned. The PSR will also collect, verify, enter, and monitor patient data while complying with the federal, state and MaineHealth confidentiality policies.
Essential Job Duties
•Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
•Performs Patient Check-ins: verifies insurance, including eligibility; verifies and/or updates patient demographic information at every visit; ensures appropriate patient paperwork and surveys are distributed; collects patient payment as indicated; and ensures office scheduling policies are maintained.
•Performs Patient Check-outs: accurately calculates, collects, posts and reconciles all patient payments; provides patients with follow-up appointments as necessary; follows up on incomplete information with appropriate provider; follows up with written directives from clinicians and patients; and provides patient information.
•Performs patient confirmation and rescheduling calls.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Education: High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous office experience with medical office experience helpful.
- Knowledge and skills in using office equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.